Babymoon ideas in the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oktx View Post
    I the OP had just asked where to take wife for a short trip before we have our first child, it would have been 2 pages deep by now with suggestions.
    Yeah thinking about closing this and rephrasing to say, "I want to go on a trip and I will leave my wife behind. Where do you suggest?" then maybe I can get some real answers.

Fact is, my wife and I love to travel. Just last year we went international 4 or 5 times. I don't want to be stuck on a plane with a crying kid for 6+ hours, so as a realist, my traveling days are numbered for the next few years. So I am trying to treat my wife, and myself for that matter, to a trip where for the last time in the next 20 years it will be her and I alone.

Doesn't seem too crazy. For those making the suggestions, thank you.

Comment

Winstar just up the road from you in Oklahoma

Comment

last trip to enjoy time with your spouse.

Looks like you did that, aint that how she ended up this way ?

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
          Is this y'alls first child?
          You had to ask? Lol

Comment

What in cornbread hell is a babymoon? Good lawd

Comment

whatinthecornbread Hail????

Comment

I get it....we travel alot too. I spoke to a friend who spent several years in Germany while in the service. She said in Europe that the parents continue to act like they did before they had kids and the kids follow suit. We took our 8 week old on a 12 State road trip. Other than packing like we are going to war.....it wasn't too tough. It's hot so I would go to the mountains or drive the North East.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  What in cornbread hell is a babymoon? Good lawd
                  Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                  Yeah thinking about closing this and rephrasing to say, "I want to go on a trip and I will leave my wife behind. Where do you suggest?" then maybe I can get some real answers.

Fact is, my wife and I love to travel. Just last year we went international 4 or 5 times. I don't want to be stuck on a plane with a crying kid for 6+ hours, so as a realist, my traveling days are numbered for the next few years. So I am trying to treat my wife, and myself for that matter, to a trip where for the last time in the next 20 years it will be her and I alone.

You will still have alone time with your wife and be able to take trips with your wife after you have a kid. That’s what grandparents are for. Its not near as bad as you’re making it out to be. We travel with our little one, it’s fairly easy. We’re taking her to the Bahamas in couple months.

Comment

Rosemary Beach Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Only babymoons I know about where in my 55 Chevy!😎

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                        WTH is babymoon??
                        Creative marketing by the travel industry!!

Comment

Don’t let them get you down. Right now they are changing a ****ty diaper or loading the dishwasher. LOL! Good luck!

Comment

What about Portland, Seattle, Vancouver???? Would be a little cooler than TX this time of year and plenty of places to eat. She can't really drink, but you could grab some awesome craft beers. Plus, the scenery over there is awesome. Just avoid the hippies.

Comment

I'd go to Colorado Springs or Denver. She'll appreciate the cooler temps in the higher elevations. In Colorado Springs you could send her to the spa for a day while you get some fly fishing in.

Comment

We did Savanah GA but it wasn’t in the summer. I would look at Redwoods / Eureka area in northern Cali. When we got engaged we went up Hwy 1 from San Fran and had a great time. Colorado would be good too.

Ignore the haters. The fact is you will travel less or closer to home up until he is a bit older. It’s still fun though. We both thoroughly enjoyed out “babymoon” and it’s a great excuse for a vacation haha

Comment

Working...
                                X