Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
    Will do. Wish you and the other Shane could make this trip. Not gonna mention that other Chris guy (Blackfinturkey) letting his wife dictate whether he goes or not.

I think Philip and I are gonna bring some flounder lights and gigs as well.
    My first trip we caught a flounder a day. The crew looked at us like we had 3 eyes. They dont get much flounder. If the fishin is good you'll be too tired.

Apparently they had some rain down here today. We're gonna hit east matty bright and early

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      My first trip we caught a flounder a day. The crew looked at us like we had 3 eyes. They dont get much flounder. If the fishin is good you'll be too tired.

Apparently they had some rain down here today. We're gonna hit east matty bright and early

Hookers?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        Hookers?

Not that I saw.

Oh, you mean the spot. No sir. Crab trap

Comment

Not that I saw.

Oh, you mean the spot. No sir. Crab trap

Lmao! I figured it was one of the two. Hope y'all kill 'em!

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

We never did any good floundering on the north end of the islands... Many years ago, before Katrina and Rita tore the islands up so bad, Kurlew used to have lots of flounder... It used to have a cove up in the middle of the island that when conditions were right, was loaded with flounder... Heck you could see 'em in the daytime... Back then, we were staying on the Islander or flying out and fishing from a float plane... Ain't much left of it or the Gosiers now I guess... Since Katrina/Rita, been fishing the north end off of the various "mother ships"...

Comment

Big timing us!!!

I think I am going to fish this weekend. weather depending.

Comment

Fished with an old US Coast Guard buddy last Saturday. Last time we fished was 33 years ago - chasing tuna out of Chincoteague Island Virginia in a dual engined 25ft Aquasport. Gulf Stream - over the Washington Canyon.

Managed flounder, trout and redfish fishing skinny in the Laguna Madre. New Penny Gulps under a Louisiana Rattler - 1/8 oz screw head jigs. Water was tannic colored with a few areas bordering sandy green.......not water I like to fish but we launched at Packery Channel and nailed a few flounders there before committing to Bird Island and darn near Baffin Bay - along the King Ranch shoreline.

He's gonna take his R/V down to NAS Corpus for a week or so.......we will mix it up a bit before he rolls back to Delaware.

I fried specks, broiled shrimp stuffed flounder, boiled wild Gulf shrimp and fried Red Snapper - just a mix so he could realize the Eastern Shore.....isn't the only place Old Bay seasonings are used. The Red Snapper were fried CHICKEN FRIED about an inch thick = told him that's our version of y'alls Rockfish/Striper/Striped Bass. Toss that in a bun and make a burger out of it.

He typically trailers his boat down to Key West and fishes down there about a month each year. So we will mix Key West with South Texas, and do both each year.
                  Last edited by AtTheWall; 09-04-2019, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    Hookers?

Good luck! Looking forward to this recap

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                      I must look like a punching bag..., y’all are beating me up lol.

jealousy makes folks say mean things

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                        Fished with an old US Coast Guard buddy last Saturday. Last time we fished was 33 years ago - chasing tuna out of Chincoteague Island Virginia in a dual engined 25ft Aquasport. Gulf Stream - over the Washington Canyon.

Managed flounder, trout and redfish fishing skinny in the Laguna Madre. New Penny Gulps under a Louisiana Rattler - 1/8 oz screw head jigs. Water was tannic colored with a few areas bordering sandy green.......not water I like to fish but we launched at Packery Channel and nailed a few flounders there before committing to Bird Island and darn near Baffin Bay - along the King Ranch shoreline.

He's gonna take his R/V down to NAS Corpus for a week or so.......we will mix it up a bit before he rolls back to Delaware.

I fried specks, broiled shrimp stuffed flounder, boiled wild Gulf shrimp and fried Red Snapper - just a mix so he could realize the Eastern Shore.....isn't the only place Old Bay seasonings are used. The Red Snapper were fried CHICKEN FRIED about an inch thick = told him that's our version of y'alls Rockfish/Striper/Striped Bass. Toss that in a bun and make a burger out of it.

He typically trailers his boat down to Key West and fishes down there about a month each year. So we will mix Key West with South Texas, and do both each year.

Man that sounds like fun!! The groceries you described would make a southern boy out of the most northern of the yanks!! That fried snapper made into a sammich would remind me of a perch sammich from Lake Erie... one of my favorites when I am in Cleveland, Erie or Buffalo!!

Comment

Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

They must have thrown quackerbox in the drink and left him behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            They must have thrown quackerbox in the drink and left him behind.

I almost did that myself.

We woke up after a brief nap just before 6a. Capt hollis Forrester picked us up with a mild 15 mph E/NE wind and we left the rusty pig.

There wasnt a boat in sight all day and we literally drifted the length of east bay with one fish caught.

The wind didnt do anything but pick up to 20 and the water went down the tubes. At 930 we pulled the plug and headed back in.

Today was NOT a day to sell a new boater a cat hull.....good grief.

We ended up stopping at Charlie's for a quart of skrimps and proceeded to catch 6 species of fish off the pier.

It was a good time irregardless of the fishin. Roy is a first class dude and I look forward to fishin with him again. Hollis was about as funny of a guy as you could ask for and zach is a good hand also.

Just made it home where I'm going to nap a bit and cook fresh stuffed flounder for the fam.

All sick days should end like that[emoji16]

Comment

I almost did that myself.

We woke up after a brief nap just before 6a. Capt hollis Forrester picked us up with a mild 15 mph E/NE wind and we left the rusty pig.

There wasnt a boat in sight all day and we literally drifted the length of east bay with one fish caught.

The wind didnt do anything but pick up to 20 and the water went down the tubes. At 930 we pulled the plug and headed back in.

Today was NOT a day to sell a new boater a cat hull.....good grief.

We ended up stopping at Charlie's for a quart of skrimps and proceeded to catch 6 species of fish off the pier.

It was a good time irregardless of the fishin. Roy is a first class dude and I look forward to fishin with him again. Hollis was about as funny of a guy as you could ask for and zach is a good hand also.

Just made it home where I'm going to nap a bit and cook fresh stuffed flounder for the fam.

All sick days should end like that[emoji16]

I have come to the conclusion that they all ride rough. Some tougher than others, but after riding with RNG in that 240 trans it doesn’t run any smoother than my 20 ultra cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                I have come to the conclusion that they all ride rough. Some tougher than others, but after riding with RNG in that 240 trans it doesn’t run any smoother than my 20 ultra cat.

He had a 24svt. That thing is a barge!! It was rough enough we took water over the bow twice idling!

RNG was a topic both at dinner and in the boat

Comment

Working...
                                X