No announcement yet.

Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marshman Masson did a good video on de-boning a flounder. Check YouTube.

Comment

A little Labor Day action in East Matagorda Bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Yea, I need to see that.

I ate the last few bites without tartar or anything. Having just ate some cold water rainbow trout it's a hard decision as to what's better, that or flounder

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        [ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aLk8QufUXLE"]Deboning A Flounder for Stuffed Flounder using the Pocket Method - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Way to go target panic! Good trip!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            Looks good. I caught me a 22”er the other night. Watched a video on YouTube a while back, leaving that joker whole but cutting the bones out. It’s a little work but the final product is awesome. My favorite food in the world is stuffed flounder.

My favorite way, it’s like a flounder pita pocket!

Comment

Nice haul Target!

Comment

Decent video but it’s really not necessary to swab your clean meat around in the scales you just scraped off!

Oh, and it’s easier if your not wearing oven mits [emoji6]

Comment

Been eating stuffed flounder for a few weeks now....love this time of the year! The Trinity sauteed with garlic and smoked Hatch peppers, fresh Texas bay shrimp and bread crumbs.

Comment

Hey Target, your flounder are all albino!

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    Looks good. I caught me a 22”er the other night. Watched a video on YouTube a while back, leaving that joker whole but cutting the bones out. It’s a little work but the final product is awesome. My favorite food in the world is stuffed flounder.
                    Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                    I do the same, scale both sides, take the whole backbone out, stuff and deep fry
                    We call them flounder pockets, pretty quick after doing a couple. We do all the smaller ones like that, once they start getting bigger it's a bit too much thickness and I'll just end up filleting them. Actually I don't do squat, the kids end up filleting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Target-panic View Post
                      A little Labor Day action in East Matagorda Bay.

You must of took them Shepard boyz just so you could keep more fish. I know they didn't catch any of em!

Comment

Originally posted by Troutamer View Post
                        You must of took them Shepard boyz just so you could keep more fish. I know they didn't catch any of em!

True that!!

Comment

Me and my pops are going to slide the Majek in the water Wednesday morning and do some Ipiloting around the south shore line. Hope this SE wind holds like they claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            Me and my pops are going to slide the Majek in the water Wednesday morning and do some Ipiloting around the south shore line. Hope this SE wind holds like they claim.
                            Good luck with your pops. Made me think of mine, that's what we called him.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              Good luck amigo! Dang work has me tied up myself, I need some salt therapy! Looks like our thread is slowing down, hunting is around the corner but I plan on hitting them hard later this month.

Comment

Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

I’m going to try and make as many trips as I can until thanksgiving. Bow season is slow at my place but I always make one trip.

The wife has been itching to go too.

Comment

Working...
                                X