No announcement yet.

Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y’all been killing them good job guys and gals.

Comment

Nice haul guys! I'm itching to get back on the salt!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
        Surf out of POC got right Saturday
        Morning. Caught a four man limit and released almost that many with some buddies. Some good 3-4 lbers but nothing real big. Really liked anything white, mostly none diamond dsl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where y’all staying on the island?

Comment

Well the new boat purchase is going to be put on hold for a little longer... we decided we will just wait a bit no rush.

In the meantime I’m tired of replacing and or having reels fail I’ve been using abu Garcia revo but keep having to many problems with them. What do y’all recommend?

Shimano
          13 concept
          Lews

Comment

We fished boliver/crystal beach surf for the past week. I only go once or twice a year and target small sharks with bass rigs because it’s easy and fairly predictable. The occasional trout or red is just a bonus.

Monday pm and most of Tuesday were as good as I could imagine the surf conditions for trout. We started with spooks and spoons then caught bait. It was slick and green with a NE wind and everything seemed hungry. Just 2 of us fishing caught trout, ladyfish, blacktips, bonnet heads, hammerheads, hardheads, big croaker, whiting and least a million gafftops.

Only got 5 keeper trout out of about 20 total but they were all good ones! It was sure fun while it lasted but the wind turned ESE and got real Tuesday pm.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's a pic from yesterday's trip. We had to leave today so me & my son kayaked a little. Tide was way out in the marsh wind blowing good,so surf was out. Ended up with 2 trout & a red. CPR'ed them for another day.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                Well the new boat purchase is going to be put on hold for a little longer... we decided we will just wait a bit no rush.

In the meantime I’m tired of replacing and or having reels fail I’ve been using abu Garcia revo but keep having to many problems with them. What do y’all recommend?

Shimano
                13 concept
                Lews
                Chris,
                I like the inshore series Lew's. Nice smooth reels.

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodajh View Post
                  We fished boliver/crystal beach surf for the past week. I only go once or twice a year and target small sharks with bass rigs because it’s easy and fairly predictable. The occasional trout or red is just a bonus.

Monday pm and most of Tuesday were as good as I could imagine the surf conditions for trout. We started with spooks and spoons then caught bait. It was slick and green with a NE wind and everything seemed hungry. Just 2 of us fishing caught trout, ladyfish, blacktips, bonnet heads, hammerheads, hardheads, big croaker, whiting and least a million gafftops.

Only got 5 keeper trout out of about 20 total but they were all good ones! It was sure fun while it lasted but the wind turned ESE and got real Tuesday pm.
                  Congrats Nimrod!!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    We had a great day today with Glenn(coastalducks). We booked a trip for my mother in law for her birthday. We caught a pile of fish and Glenn was very helpful with my MIL, she’s not very good at fishing. Lol. My wife landed a 38” red! We had to chase it down with the boat. Great day on the water and if anybody is looking for a guide in Matagorda give Glenn a call.

CONGRATS to y'all Phillip!! Great trip & Glenn is as good as they get! Great guy & guide.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post

Shimano
                      13 concept
                      Lews

Shimano. I have a concept also which isn’t bad but you cannot beat the Shimano lineup

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
                        Surf out of POC got right Saturday
                        Morning. Caught a four man limit and released almost that many with some buddies. Some good 3-4 lbers but nothing real big. Really liked anything white, mostly none diamond dsl.

great trip there Chase! Congrats!

Comment

Son wanted to try for bigger fish today. Only run on big rod. Did catch drum, whiting, lady fish on bait rod. Water was decent but current and wind was tough.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                            Son wanted to try for bigger fish today. Only run on big rod. Did catch drum, whiting, lady fish on bait rod. Water was decent but current and wind was tough.

Congrats to the young Man! Big ole ray there.

Comment

Went out yesterday with my Brother in Law and he put me and my son on some giant reds and a pretty big jack.

Comment

Originally posted by jbarr View Post
                                Went out yesterday with my Brother in Law and he put me and my son on some giant reds and a pretty big jack.

Talk about a drag screamin day!

Comment

Working...
                                X