Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El General View Post
    Went to Surfside but it was ENE at 20. Good coffee and bull**** session. Air felt great though.
    I guess I didn’t miss much. I’ve been moving around the house thinking I might’ve been stupid for not going. Even now I was considering going this afternoon but looks to be too rough.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
      Better. More to them. I could eat a dozen redfish throats. Only had three snapper the other night.
      I think the snapper throats are a little sweeter too.

Comment

Won’t take much for the surf to get right. Saturday looks like the day, if not tomorrow afternoon. I’ve got to work Saturday morning but I will be there in the afternoon if it gets right.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
          Won’t take much for the surf to get right. Saturday looks like the day, if not tomorrow afternoon. I’ve got to work Saturday morning but I will be there in the afternoon if it gets right.

[IMG][/IMG]
          There will be a few in there if you work for them...

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
            There will be a few in there if you work for them...
            10-4 thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
              I had two guys today and we banged out their limits in the surf pretty easy. Lots of trash fish (bluefish, skipjack, spanish mackeral, etc). Quite a few dinks. Pretty fair number of 18-20" class fish.

The guys I had needed all the help they could get so we threw shrimp under corks. They ended up with 1 keeper red too. It was pretty nice. I think tomorrow will be good.

I saw a huge shark up in the surf too. Huge like at least a couple hundred pounds. I got a real good look at it. And sure enough one of my guys hooks a trash fish and it eats it. Spools him, headed for Cuba at a steady pace.
              Glen, when you fish out of the boat in the surf, are you anchoring, trolling with the electric, or staying under engine power, with you staying at the helm and letting everyone else fish? Thinking of trying it the next time it smooths out.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                Glen, when you fish out of the boat in the surf, are you anchoring, trolling with the electric, or staying under engine power, with you staying at the helm and letting everyone else fish? Thinking of trying it the next time it smooths out.
                I am going to try the ipilot in the surf this weekend and see how it does. We frequently use the ipilot on my uncles Pathfinder when fishing Richland Chambers all day in some very rough windy conditions and it works like a champ so I am hoping it will do well on a calm day in the surf

Comment

conditions are looking pretty good on the Galveston surf. Thinking about going tomorrow morning? any thoughts?

Comment

I just looked at Saltwater Recon.... Don't look nothing to see. I don't want to work anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                      I haven't done it in a while, but we would drift or troll. Anchoring can be problematic in the swell.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                        conditions are looking pretty good on the Galveston surf. Thinking about going tomorrow morning? any thoughts?

It better improve quickly.... it’s best to hell right now, and current rippi SW down the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow the surf went from improving to bad in a couple hours. I take full responsibility, if I think about leaving work early the wind picks up. It's a curse.

Comment

20 mph south east on crystal beach now.. doesn't look promising .

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              That was my experience surf fishing in Florida. Get you a kayak and get there and you’ll catch plenty.
                              Beach still has so much seaweed, it would be like fishing a crankbait thru carpet..

We're going to spend our last evening at the Russell Fields Peir and watch the sunset.. and of course I'm bringing a rod cause I hear the smacks are on fire.. haha

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Fished Sargent beach this morning for a few hours but only got one 14” trout. Better luck next time

Comment

Working...
                                X