No announcement yet.

Guess it just isn’t my time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang man that was a close call. Glad you were able to get it fixed and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

wow, God is good!!

Any other signs or symptoms in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        wow, God is good!!

Any other signs or symptoms in the past?

I had some chest pain 3 years ago and went and had an EKG done but everything came out “good.” That being said, my EKG taken Friday night came out ok and I was on the verge of having massive heart attack.
        Other than that, my cholesterol and blood pressure have been borderline needing meds for the last 2-3 years.
        The kicker is I’ve lost @30lbs since December...on the keto.
        I’m also wondering if growing up in a house with 2 smokers didn’t help the matter. You always hear about the side effects of 2nd hand smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

dang scary stuff there.... Glad it was caught in time.

It really sucks not being 20 and bulletproof anymore

Comment

Thank goodness you put the "Man pride" aside and went to the doc, man. Glad to hear you're doing better and continued prayers for ya, brother.

K-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
              I started feeling bad early last week. Judging by the headache and slight chest pain I did what I always do and self diagnosed myself and chalked it up to being a sinus infection. Well Friday night after my daughters graduation, the headache and chest discomfort got so bad that I needed some relief so my lovely wife and I headed to Memorial Herman in sugarland. After a few tests they determined that I had a minor heart attack. Well unfortunately, It was down hill from there because over the next 18 hours the lab results got worse. My enzymes were elevated and rising. Thankfully my cardiologist Dr Mehra moved my angiogram up 24 hours and went in yesterday to scope it out. Now I’m just a welder by trade but it didn’t take no rocket scientist to figure out what he found was no bueno por chit.

99% blockage in the artery known as the widow maker. Dr Mehra and his crew placed a stent in the clogged artery and without a doubt, saved my life.

I would have never in a million years expected for this to happen to me. I’m 37 years old, non smoker, no fast food, no fried food and in fairly decent shape. Not Speedo shape but fairly decent shape lol.

With my soul mate by my side, a recent high school getting ready for the real world and an amazing 10yo son, I’m no where near done with my job down here. I thank the Lord for getting my hardheaded butt to the ER and the staff at Memorial Herman for another great experience.
              Yikes!! Do you regularly exercise or do cardio? Runs in my family too. My Cousin just passed away at 39 from a heart attack. Wakes you up.

Also, what procedure was done to get the vascular images?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                Yikes!! Do you regularly exercise or do cardio? Runs in my family too. My Cousin just passed away at 39 from a heart attack. Wakes you up.

Also, what procedure was done to get the vascular images?

Walking around an air conditioned shop and doing 12oz curls was the extent of my cardio. That will change in a huge way.
                The procedure was an angiogram. They basically ran a small catheter up the main artery in my groin area, shot some dye around my heart and found the blockage. Then they used a ballon to open it up and placed the stent. The whole procedure took about an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamoman View Post
                  Thank goodness you put the "Man pride" aside and went to the doc, man. Glad to hear you're doing better and continued prayers for ya, brother.

K-Man

Thanks K-Man

Comment

Goes to show you it can happen to anybody. Glad you are ok and able to type this.

Comment

Glad you're okay, and thanks for sharing your experience.

Comment

Scary stuff. Glad you're ok. Prayers sent for continued recovery.

Comment

Man that's scary, glad to hear you got it taken care of. Hopefully this will help more of us out down the road.

Comment

Self diagnosis is the killer of many a stubborn man!! Glad you got it checked and are better for it. One of our relatives was a NFL pro football player, and in super shape all his life. Recently tipped over (age 43) with a major heart attack playing B-Ball with his kids in the driveway. He did not survive.

Comment

Send your praises up, glad you are ok.

Comment

You did the right thing! Prayers moving forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X