No announcement yet.

tropical outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far this is a bad joke. We haven't had any measurable rain fall in Katy, and we need it.

Comment

Today, the National Hurricane Center upgraded the low-pressure system in the Gulf of Mexico into a tropical depression. (Update: at 12:45pm CT the National Hurricane Center upgraded the system to T…

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
        So far this is a bad joke. We haven't had any measurable rain fall in Katy, and we need it.
        Hell I’m over 5” from yesterday and today.

Comment

Just now starting to get light rain here in Wharton County

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            Hell I’m over 5” from yesterday and today.
            Same here. In Katy.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              Same here. In Katy.
              What part of Katy? I am in old Katy off Ave. D and work on Mason. No rain to speak of hardly today. Streets are dry as a bone right now.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                Same here. In Katy.
                What part of Katy? I am in old Katy off Ave. D and work on Mason. No rain to speak of hardly today. Streets are dry as a bone right now.
                I work off of Katy Hockley, it's been dry all day besides some light sprinkling this morning.

Comment

Raindrops were 5 inches apart on his windshield

Comment

Lots of rain in Clear Lake...

Comment

90 days and counting without rain here in Brownwood. Send me all you don't want.

Comment

Looks like I-45 South is under the gun for a while with a nasty looking band set up from Galveston to 610. This evening and tonight is when I expect to really start seeing rain around my area in Cypress. Today was just the beginning, and this still looks to be around until Friday at this point.

Stay safe on the roads, as we all know how the Houston area roads(and especially drivers) can get with a just a little bit of rain!

Comment

Channel 11 Houston news has upgraded this to "life threatening weather".

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            Of course they have!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              I mean, I can understand some of the concern, but Do NOT agree with that verbiage. All it does it create hype & hysteria, especially amongst those that have dealt with all of the recent major flood events around Houston. Then when there isn't a large scale event, it creates backlash & doubt the next time around.

Just recently started to read the Space City Weather guys page, and really like their Flood Scale Categories.. They are now projecting this as a Level Three. It gives a little better perspective to what kind of impact COULD occur. Obviously, if this system drops 20" + over the greater Houston area, we will have much bigger problems but don't think anyone is expecting that.

Jeff Lindner is a great follow on Social Media(Twitter especially) during stuff like this. Real time info, and updates on bayous, rivers, etc..

Comment

At a stage 3 flood I can expect to be flooded out of my island neighborhood. And see water in a guys house just over the bridge.

So far nary a drop here. Mowed the grass and cleaned the gutters

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X