How bad is Oklahoma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
    I was born and raised right here in Fort Worth area in 1963. Moved to Tulsa in 1990 for my career job with AA. I absolutely hated it at first but after 23 years there it was like home. I moved back to Fort Worth in 2013. I was pretty excited to get back here. I quickly learned it aint the same as it once was. Not many Texas natives left, too many illegals and liberals, and way overcrowded. I'll be headed back north as quick as possible once I retire.
    Fun fact.....Oklahoma was one of only two states that voted red in ALL counties during 2016 election.
    ....AND passed constitutional carry this year.
    The wife and I looked at some property online and she is super pumped
    My home town/ area has changed so much since we got married, crime, out of control growth, horrible liberal neighbors, our city government is now controlled by transplants from California, Connecticut, ect . The people who have moved here because it was a great place came and change it because they want it more like what they ruined before they came here, houses stacked on zero lot line tracks , I can rant forever but It justifies our desire to just leave

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
      Born and raised in OK. Grew up in Okmulgee and went to University of Tulsa in the mid 1990's. Moved to Houston for my first "real" job in 98 and been in Texas since. That said, I'd jump at the chance to go back one day. Still hunt in NW OK, been on my lease up there for 15yrs.
      Please do not lump Houston in with all of Texas. They are not the same. Same for DFW.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
        The wife and I looked at some property online and she is super pumped
        My home town/ area has changed so much since we got married, crime, out of control growth, horrible liberal neighbors, our city government is now controlled by transplants from California, Connecticut, ect . The people who have moved here because it was a great place came and change it because they want it more like what they ruined before they came here, houses stacked on zero lot line tracks , I can rant forever but It justifies our desire to just leave
        Thats a shame. I've been to Boerne years ago and I thought it was such a beautiful "real" Texas town.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Please do not lump Houston in with all of Texas. They are not the same. Same for DFW.

But we can agree to lump Austin/San Antonio in with Houston and dfw right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dont get me wrong...lots of great places in Texas and I still love it but it wont matter....Texas will be blue before too long. Happened to Cali.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post

Yes they are all about the same, BoB is one of them Austin guys he just hasn’t faced the grim realities of his baistion of denial that the Austin area isn’t what it was a few years ago
              I would love to stay in Texas but every where I could be happy is way to far from decent health care or is controlled by idiots didn’t like where they were and came here to ruin what made my area great

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post

Great question.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                  but our area of Texas is being over run with freaks from California
                  Austin???

Comment

Agreed. Houston is WAY better than Austin aka Hollywood, Texas.

Comment

San Antonio and Austin are way cooler big towns than Dallas and Houston. The surrounding area ia also far superior. All major metro areas in Texas are blue. It sucks.

BoB is NOT an Austin guy. He hates traffic and big cities. He likes small towns.

Comment

In Okla. you have plenty of lakes and rivers to fish. Public hunting can be very good and lease prices are much less than here. In the area you are talking about the housing is less expensive but you have state income tax. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                          Agreed. Houston is WAY better than Austin aka Hollywood, Texas.
                          Not even close. Houston is the armpit of Texas.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 05-13-2019, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Not even close. Houston is the armpit of Texas.

That’s funny
                            I was in Austin two wknds ago for my son’s track meet, it was disgusting and I saw as many homeless people as I did on my last trip to San Francisco
                            I remember two years ago, my son only 7 at the time, we were there for a softball tournament for my daughter and we played in the down town area
                            We were leaving the fields and my son asked “mom I thought we were going to Austin” my wife said “we are in Austin” he said “I thought it was going to be much nicer than this”

I love the hill country but Austin area is not even close to what it was just 20 years ago

Either way it’s a lose lose for Texans

Comment

We just bought 160 acres there this past year. Everyone we have dealt with have been extremely nice and a step back in time. It's a breath of fresh air to slow things down a bit. Hoping to move our parents up there fool time in retirement in the next few years. I wouldn't hesitate to move there as well if I could earn what I earn in DFW.

Comment

My daughter and family live in Norman.i like it up there

Comment

Working...
                                X