How bad is Oklahoma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bad is Oklahoma?

My wife and mother in law are Chickasaw Indian, and are talking about needing to move to Ada or Sulphur Oklahoma to take advantage of Indian retirement services ( a senior center, cheaper pharmaceuticals, medical services, at cost fuel And lots more) I personally don’t know anything about living in Oklahoma
    And am not feeling much excitement about it , but our area of Texas is being over run with freaks from California, so is that area “ livable “ for a guy who has never lived more than 2-3 hours from the coast or great hunting ?

I work in the DFW mess and enjoy business trips Oklahoma City very much. People are very polite and reminds me of a smaller Fort Worth.

Comment

I like Oklahoma
      The rate texas is changing I could picture ending up in Oklahoma after retirement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You’ll have to take up meth so you can fit in.

Comment

Way less libs and city folk.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            You’ll have to take up meth so you can fit in.
            ^^^^This right here and stop using turn signals

Comment

It's not bad. Just don't let any of the Californian's know it. We'd rather not have them here.

Comment

A lot of tornadoes...

I hate to see ths way Texas is changing. Colorado is ahead of you in a bad way.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                  I like Oklahoma
                  The rate texas is changing I could picture ending up in Oklahoma after retirement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Yes this would be after retirement in a couple of years
                  The meth thing wouldn’t be a big change as we live close to Bandera and sometimes shop In kerrville . The medical services sound awesome for the retired tribal members ( but I have lived in South Texas and would hate to commit) to someplace awful to live

Comment

I had a friend who moved to Pawhuska(North)Oklahoma.Man,I loved going up there to visit,and hangout.
                    As far as everybody referencing meth heads..Hell we have our share here!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I look at it this way:

If Oklahoma did suck so much, Texas would fall into the Gulf....

Comment

Your die hard Texans will give just about any state a hard time. I love Texas but Oklahoma isn’t bad at all, did an internship up there last summer. I considered an offer there, if it wasn’t the fact that I didn’t know anyone id probably have taken it. Good golf and Has their fair share of beautiful lakes.

Comment

State income tax and crappy roads. Hey but it’s cheaper living if you can find a decent job.

Comment

I just spent a year in Lawton. Crap Hole. Stay away from there. Most every where else folks are much like Texans. The OU and OKSU rivalry is for real. With only two schools to root for they take it pretty serious. Tornadoes are an issue. State tax isn't to bad if you don't make much money like I didn't. Turnpikes are pay to use and pay to repair your front end regularly. Ada is a nice town.

Comment

I hope people of Oklahoma don’t throw used toilet paper on the floor or in a trash can next to the toilet
                              That is one thing that I hate about people of San Antonio and South Texas

And native Americans are exempt from state income taxes if I read the information correctly
                              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-12-2019, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X