Store bought brisket rub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
    And no one ever cared until Franklin said it and suddenly you can't possibly cook a brisket with anything but salt & pepper.

Horse**** generalization.....I have seen salt and pepper talk for a long dang time.Long before Aaron Franklin started pimping it....even on here. Is it more popular now? Sure but so is smoking meat in general. Maybe its just seems like that to you because you just started?

Comment

Sabluturas grocery in LOUISE..Ask in meat market They sell in bulk by pound..Last time I bought it was $5.oo a pound....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Horse**** generalization.....I have seen salt and pepper talk for a long dang time.Long before Aaron Franklin started pimping it....even on here. Is it more popular now? Sure but so is smoking meat in general. Maybe its just seems like that to you because you just started?
        No you haven't. Just say, "I'm overly impressionable" and admit you think Franklin is adorable.

Comment

Houston BBQ sucks. They need tomato based sauce to make it edible.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
            No you haven't. Just say, "I'm overly impressionable" and admit you think Franklin is adorable.

BitBackShot has peach butcher paper autographed by Franklin over his mantle

Comment

Who is this A A Ron y'all speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by dpatterson1976 View Post
                I like most others make my own, Salt and Pepper.

However, I keep HEAD COUNTRY Brisket rub in stock as well. This is good stuff!
                Head Country sauce and seasoning is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                  Head Country sauce is the best.

I'm a big fan of their sauce ...especially the hickory......and yes I like sauce on a lot of BBQ whether it is needed or not....

Comment

For brisket I am in the Salt/Pepper bandwagon, with a little garlic. Typical rub is 1 cup coarse black pepper, 3/4 cup coarse kosher salt, 1/4 cup garlic powder. However for store bought, the Dan Pastorini Texas Style Rub is dang good on almost all barbecue. We have used it on briskets, pork ribs, beef ribs, pork butts, chicken, etc... I find it at HEB.

Comment

Another Chupacabra fan here.

Comment

Y'all want the best dang rub in the world (besides salt n pepper), get you some Lipton's onion soup mix and use it dry... makes an amazing rub. If I want to do a "fancy" brisket, that's what I use...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Y'all want the best dang rub in the world (besides salt n pepper), get you some Lipton's onion soup mix and use it dry... makes an amazing rub. If I want to do a "fancy" brisket, that's what I use...
                          Boy I bet that is good on chicken breasts and pork chops on the grill. I sometimes do it with Ranch Dressing mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            Chupacabra brisket rub. Greatness

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
                            Meat Church Holy Cow.

I like Holy Cow with a lite topping of Chupacabra.

I do not like straight Chupacabra.

Comment

Coarse Black Pepper and Coarse Kosher Salt here too. I don’t care what Aaron Franklin says, it’s just what we like.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                I'm a big fan of their sauce ...especially the hickory......and yes I like sauce on a lot of BBQ whether it is needed or not....
                                They have several newer flavors out if you haven't seen them.

Apple Habanero is pretty tasty but I think the Hot and Spicy is my favorite.

I keep several flavors in the pantry at all times.

Comment

Working...
                                X