Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 blackland prairies thread, Ellis, Navarro, hill heck even north side freestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good looking buck

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
      Aggiemark I hope you get a chance. Maybe adjust those feeder times!

I had a few ranch guests this weekend and it was just too dang hot to get me that mad at them. Looking forward to some cooler weather. Need some rain bad!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      For sure, it’s just miserable!

Comment

Pretty good rain near Dawson. Sure wish I had gotten all my food plots finished already. Hoping it dries out enough by tomorrow to get in even if it’s still a little soggy.

Comment

I’m right there with you. I didn’t plant last weekend because it was so dang hot and dry. Now I’m kicking myself!

On a side note.... I’m finally having some bucks consistently at the feeder. It’s about time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
            I have 36 acres in Ellis between Italy and Avalon. I've never hunted it but I'm thinking about it. It has grown up and is thick. Will likely be bow only but I expect there are hogs in there at least. There is one small tank on it. I may hang a camera there and see what happens.

Has anyone hunted that area?
            If you are near Chambers Creek, there are definitely deer in the area and big deer at that, 150-160's taken in recent years.

Comment

Headed to Corsicana tomorrow with my boys to try and knock some pigs down! They’re all over the feeders.

Glad this weather is finally cooling down!

Comment

If any of y’all hear about a lease around y’all, please let me know. I’d like a place in or around Ellis County. Thanks!

Comment

Might as well ask for a pot of gold while your at it, heck the gold might be easier.

Comment

Had another potential shooter show up on camera this weekend. Now I just need to find where these deer are at in the daylight. So far all activity on camera has been at night.

Comment

I have seen a slight rise in buck activity. I bet this weekend it starts getting good with these cold fronts.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                        I have seen a slight rise in buck activity. I bet this weekend it starts getting good with these cold fronts.

We have too. We’ve seen a couple bucks chasing does already. This weekend ought to be good.

Comment

Buck separated a few weeks ago and have been traveling solo. Seeing new and better bucks. In the last two days saw picture with single buck with a few does, first picture of single buck mixed in this year.

Comment

I haven't been getting any activity (deer or hogs) on my feeders or newly planted food plots. I have some dogs running the property at night that I think have driven the deer out. I'm catching a few does and a single buck on camera just passing through.
                            The food plots are coming in nicely so I'm hoping that is going to attrack some deer.

Comment

My plots are looking good also but haven't been up very long, only about 1-2 weeks on most. I'm hoping this cold weather doesn't kill it before it gets up better.

Comment

Have been seeing the same bucks (all young and small) all summer to present. We have a **** ton of does though so we are going to get after them this weekend. Hopefully get our eyes on some new bucks that are just not coming to the feeders. Gonna be a good one this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X