Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2019 blackland prairies thread, Ellis, Navarro, hill heck even north side freestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on today’s wind I’d say a lot of acorns are falling today...

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Shot View Post
      Based on today’s wind I’d say a lot of acorns are falling today...
      Yep this should clean the trees up some

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post

This pic says it all, unpenned feeder and not even the pigs are hitting it. I turned it down a little this weekend. I may turn down more today.

Glad I’m not the only one whose feeder looks like that right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m gonna hit the stand in about an hr.

Comment

I’m gonna hit the stand in about an hr.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Comment

Didn’t have time to get to the stand I wanted so just sat at camp blind. It’s the one with the corn piled up but it also has the food plot. I had a shooter here regular last week. I hope he gets hungry and makes another stop.

Comment

Saw one doe, had someone’s hog dog or curr dog running around the area chasing animals. I could hear him bay all over the place then he ran into my setup. Yelled at it and it took off. Shortly after started baying again as he ran all over the place. I hate when people don’t keep their dogs in check in a fence. Have seen a couple on pics lately. It sure if this group is lost hunting dogs or some of the neighbors that don’t keep them in a pen. ****** me off!

Comment

Saw one doe, had someone’s hog dog or curr dog running around the area chasing animals. I could hear him bay all over the place then he ran into my setup. Yelled at it and it took off. Shortly after started baying again as he ran all over the place. I hate when people don’t keep their dogs in check in a fence. Have seen a couple on pics lately. It sure if this group is lost hunting dogs or some of the neighbors that don’t keep them in a pen. ****** me off!

We have been seeing dogs on our place the last couple weeks too. My buddy watched 2 chase an 8 pt around my stand last week.
                  We don’t have any close neighbors so I’m not sure where they came from. Frustrating!

Comment

SSS, solves the problem every time. As far as the corn piling up for whatever reason they really really aren't hitting the corn this year, glad I got some navarro venison for the freezer in during archery season, looking like it could be tough year. I had better activity on my cameras in the September heat!

Comment

SSS?
                      My deer were decent oncorn until about 2 weeks ago then they started slowing down and now almost nonexistent

Comment

SSS?
                        My deer were decent oncorn until about 2 weeks ago then they started slowing down and now almost nonexistent
                        SSS=Shoot, Shovel, Shutup

Not much activity at the feeders when I checked cameras two weekends ago. Been out of town so I didn't get out there this past weekend and with this cold front, I'm ready to be hunting.
                        Seems we all have the same neighbors with the dog problems. Have had a pack of 3 that have been messing things up for the past couple of months.

Comment

A dog that gets loose once or twice but the owners make an attempt to keep control of I don’t mind. Dogs that show up a couple times a month and that actually chase game and livestock and seem to just have the freedom to roam wherever they want at will I have a big problem with. I do some trapping periodically for coyotes as we have quite a few. I hope the owners start controlling the dogs.

Comment

Seen 5 doe and a 7 tonight. He was hungry more then worried about the doe.

Comment

I had deer hitting feed today

Comment

I had the hogs come back last night. And some does showed up today.

Comment

Working...
                                X