Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 blackland prairies thread, Ellis, Navarro, hill heck even north side freestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw several doe and two bucks last weekend. one buck was a nice 8 point shooter. Still dry as a bone. Feeders are filled.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Def dry, I had about a tenth of rain in the gauge which brings me to just a hair over 3/4” since early July I believe.
      Gonna try and spray plots this week and at least get plowed if the ground isn’t too hard. We need a little more rain soon.

Comment

Running way behind this year. Gonna try and go today and get my feeder going on my place outside of Mart.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
          I usually do a mix of some forage oats, wheat, then a mix of peas, clover and turnips. I try different things in different areas to see what is browsed the best and then adjust every yr.
          Trust me on this...…. Imperial Whitetail clover (no knockoffs). Do a space like 100 feet X 100 feet (or bigger). Clear the ground, turn the dirt, spread the seed and triple 13. Lightly drag the ground (1/4" deep) in the next weekend or 2.
          Your Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
            Trust me on this...…. Imperial Whitetail clover (no knockoffs). Do a space like 100 feet X 100 feet (or bigger). Clear the ground, turn the dirt, spread the seed and triple 13. Lightly drag the ground (1/4" deep) in the next weekend or 2.
            Your Welcome
            I will give it a try, does it like shady areas or full sun?

Comment

I have 36 acres in Ellis between Italy and Avalon. I've never hunted it but I'm thinking about it. It has grown up and is thick. Will likely be bow only but I expect there are hogs in there at least. There is one small tank on it. I may hang a camera there and see what happens.

Has anyone hunted that area?

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                I have 36 acres in Ellis between Italy and Avalon. I've never hunted it but I'm thinking about it. It has grown up and is thick. Will likely be bow only but I expect there are hogs in there at least. There is one small tank on it. I may hang a camera there and see what happens.

Has anyone hunted that area?
                I would imagine you have a good chance of deer. I see deer quite often off 35 north of Italy.

Comment

How is the action looking? I've had pretty steady feeder action but not much in the way of mature deer or new deer.

Comment

Any body get out this weekend? Have you started seeing any new deer? I am really slacking and still have some work to do finishing up my setups, planting food plots etc.

Comment

I’m heading out this Thursday to stay through the weekend. The guys that hunted last weekend only saw hogs and a couple does. They were also sweating buckets. I’m ready for some cool weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will be out this Friday, looking forward to checking cams

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
                          I have a feeling that’s what mine is going to look like too!

That's a pretty pic of that fawn in the sunflowers

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s super hot and humid. Hoping the weather changes soon.

Comment

Got permission to hunt my in-laws farm near Aquila this year. My wife’s grandpa told me ‘I don’t think we have any deer, but you’re more than welcome to try”. Got a feeder and pop up set up this summer and finally pulled the camera this weekend. Hopefully I can get this guy to come out in the daylight. He’s a regular at the feeder, but usually between 3-5am.

Comment

Aggiemark I hope you get a chance. Maybe adjust those feeder times!

I had a few ranch guests this weekend and it was just too dang hot to get me that mad at them. Looking forward to some cooler weather. Need some rain bad!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X