Teacher pay raises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
    Yeah but what worries anyone in education is that they will use this and only this as the “raise”. If it’s 3% then fine, but add on what you would have gave not including what that bill just added. Anything less then 6% in my eyes will be a slap in the face for my district.
    This is what I bet happens.

Comment

This is a good, simplified read about part of HB3.

Comment

Originally posted by HC Sniper View Post
        BuckSmasher :
        Open invitation for you to come teach my class for a week. Any time you want.

Second thought. Pull your children out of school and teach them yourself at home. We will see if they are ready for college or the real world at age 18.

I am done! Just getting madder by the minute with people who have no clue what they are talking about.

Have you looked at how we’ll home schooled children actually do, they are generally far ahead of students in public schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Dodson View Post
          Have you looked at how we’ll home schooled children actually do, they are generally far ahead of students in public schools.

I will have to respectfully disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
            They are doing such a good job!

Everybody in this thread that wants a teacher pay raise falls into two categories.

1. They are a teacher.
            2. They are married to a teacher.
            Most teachers do the best they can with what they have. It tough to make chicken salad out of, well you know the rest...

Comment

I’ve seen home schooled kids that were very smart. Also most of them are socially delayed.

Comment

What does home schooling have to do with this thread?

Most of the time the kids not learning is a direct result of two things.. Bad parents and the bureaucracy (which includes not being able to fire the bad teachers).

Comment

Originally posted by ArcherAG 93 View Post
                  I will have to respectfully disagree.

Look up the numbers, facts don’t lie. Look at graduation rates, college grad rates, and look at salaries.

Comment

I was home schooled & my parents both worked

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Dodson View Post
                      Look up the numbers, facts don’t lie. Look at graduation rates, college grad rates, and look at salaries.

"Homeschool" is a very loosely used term these days.

Comment

I read some articles today that said a handful of schools have announced their raises for next year already, based on the preliminary numbers in HB3 and the number of students and teachers in their district. One large district, I think it was Humble ???, announced 7% raise to existing teacher salary scale, and another district said $3600. Since the law is based on student enrollment and number of teachers, each district will be different. We should see more schools announcing in the upcoming days.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                          I read some articles today that said a handful of schools have announced their raises for next year already, based on the preliminary numbers in HB3 and the number of students and teachers in their district. One large district, I think it was Humble ???, announced 7% raise to existing teacher salary scale, and another district said $3600. Since the law is based on student enrollment and number of teachers, each district will be different. We should see more schools announcing in the upcoming days.
                          I think Houston is going to stiff the teachers....again....

Comment

Nope, no more taxes, to answer your question OP

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                              The Wife's increase was like 4% and she is in a prominent DFW district. The good ol Super had a long spiel about why it was only 4% and where they would be allocating funds.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                The Wife's increase was like 4% and she is in a prominent DFW district. The good ol Super had a long spiel about why it was only 4% and where they would be allocating funds.
                                You do realize that teaching is the only industry in the world where it's "OK" to ***** about a 4% raise.

Comment

Working...
                                X