Denied beer at Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
    I got a ticket for drinking beer in public before noon on a Sunday on a state waterway.

The JP dismissed the ticket but while I knew I couldn't buy it before noon on a Sunday I didn't know that I couldn't drink it while in public before noon.
    My BIL told me about that 2 yrs ago, prior to that I had never heard of that stupid law. We were floating the river, they could have ticketed virtually every person there.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      So he was 49 and showed valid ID and was buying the beer. Why does he get denied because his wife does not have her purse?

Walmart policy. My wife was also denied because my 19 YO son was with her!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Walmart policy. My wife was also denied because my 19 YO son was with her!

That's the dumbest **** Ive ever heard..

Comment

Bad combination of events when the cashier at box store is left to their own devices to interpret law and corporate policy on the fly.

Comment

Same thing happened to us at the little grocery store here in Sonora, and both of us are in our 50's!!!! No ID, no beer!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              If it were fines they were trying to avoid, they'd just follow the law. They are trying to avoid lawsuits from un-accountable scum who run around looking for something for nothing.
              This is the truth - it is more liability than law, I believe ...

Comment

Originally posted by Jtrisler View Post
                I live in Central Louisiana and the Parish that we live in (Lasalle) bans alcohol sales on election day when polls are open. When 8pm strikes and the voting is over they can sell it!! Crazy. No drunk voting!!!!!
                Based on the last midterm results, maybe we should all be doing that.

Comment

Guy I work with said Total asked for his wifes ID with him also

Comment

So basically leave the family in the car and go in by yourself and buy the beer. Then after the beer is safely in your car, bring in the rest of your family to shop for everything else. Good to know.

Comment

Working...
                    X