Denied beer at Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    But I’ve seen illegal imm... I mean undocumented peoples searching for a better life, but beer arbor WM all the time, what ID are they presenting?
    That’s none of your business, now get back to work and pay your taxes so those thirsty illegals can get their welfare checks and run up to wal mart and buy some beer without showing any ID

Comment

If the system for some reason or another lets the cashier ring up the beer one minute before selling time and TABC is there the cashier will leave their place of employment in handcuffs.

Comment

I got a ticket for drinking beer in public before noon on a Sunday on a state waterway.

The JP dismissed the ticket but while I knew I couldn't buy it before noon on a Sunday I didn't know that I couldn't drink it while in public before noon.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
          We were at the self checkout lane with the Family. I was inserting the card to start payment, the Better Half was bagging and the kids were scanning. Son picked up the 12 pk of Shiner, scanned it and the attendant came over like they have to for alcohol. Said we couldnt buy it now. I asked why, and she said because your Son scanned it.

I explained it was for me and I was paying for it, as she could see. She said she was sorry and had to void the purchase. I left the cart there and left.

I understood it, but geez I thought that was pretty stupid.
          That's funny because in Texas your child can consume and/or posses alcohol as long as the guardian is "visibly present"

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
            I got a ticket for drinking beer in public before noon on a Sunday on a state waterway.

The JP dismissed the ticket but while I knew I couldn't buy it before noon on a Sunday I didn't know that I couldn't drink it while in public before noon.
            Sinner.....

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
              My wife and I were at Walmart shopping and I picked up a case of beer. The cashier asked for my ID (I’m 49), which is fine. She then asked for my wife’s ID. My wife didn’t have her purse with her and they refused to sell me the beer. I told my wife to wait outside and the cashier said, it’s too late now. I asked her if I had my teenage daughters with me would I be allowed to buy the beer and she said, yes that’s different. I’ve never had that happen.
              Was pretty interesting.
              Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
              That's funny because in Texas your child can consume and/or posses alcohol as long as the guardian is "visibly present"
              This is also the same with wives. If you have a wife under 21 and you are of age to drink then your wife may drink and/or posses in your presence

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                But I’ve seen illegal imm... I mean undocumented peoples searching for a better life, buy beer at WM all the time, what ID are they presenting?
                When I moved back to Texas I had to get a new license. I went to the DMV of 290 and dacoma in Houston. The lady I asked for help on figuring out what I needed to feel out looked at me like I was ruining her day... A lady walked up after me and was speaking broken english asking to get a license and the chick that "helped me" just about jumped over the counter when the "new arrival" said "I just got to america and have no ID".... our system is so broken...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  But his teenage daughters would be underage while he was buying in the OPs scenario. how would they know they aren't who he is buying it for?

49 years old.. with his of age wife.....no beer
                  49 years old.. with teenage girls standing with him.... Sure we can sell it.
                  I'm scratching my head over the reasoning behind this "rule" as well. Here's an added hypothetical wrinkle...what if his wife was an illegal immigrant? Free beer?!?

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                    This may not have any bearing but I was always under the impression that once you are married (say I'm 21 and the wife is 20) you can accept responsibility for your wife the same way as your kids, i.e. they can drink in your presence. Is that not correct or does it not matter in this case?
                    100% correct

Comment

I swear , ignorance delux

Comment

It seems about half the time the wife is with me when I buy beer they ask for both ID's. Never used to happen.

It does seem strange since I could feed her beers at the bar when she was 20 and we were married.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                          100% correct

It is true but in 99.9% of cases marrying a 20 year old gal she's usually pregnant and shouldn't be drinking anyway.

Comment

Your wife should have identified as an illegal with no ID

Comment

We got denied beer once at Walmart about 10 years ago. South Texas. Saturday morning 5am-6am. Only there because we ran out.

Comment

Don't blame the company, or the employee....it's the *******s who sue...

Comment

Working...
                                X