No announcement yet.

D I C K S Removes Hunting form 125 stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dicks is publicly held. I’m wondering how far down the BOD is going to allow this wacked out CEO take them before he gets run off. Maybe they are wacked out too? Let’s see Sports Authority, Gander Mountain, Cabelas... Maybe Dicks is next!

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
      It's called marketing.......smart move in my view, I wouldn't waste my time in Dicks but will in field and stream. Their avian x fusion mallard decoys were $10 less per half dozen than cabelas and bass pro
      I know what they're doing and it doesn't bother me. I shop there and will continue to do so for athletic stuff when I'm in a pinch. My comment was more for all the folks saying they aren't selling guns anymore or the folks that think they pressured a company into doing something they deem right. They are selling guns. Just under a different name and 300ft away under the same roof.

Comment

Originally posted by js4242 View Post
        I know what they're doing and it doesn't bother me. I shop there and will continue to do so for athletic stuff when I'm in a pinch. My comment was more for all the folks saying they aren't selling guns anymore or the folks that think they pressured a company into doing something they deem right. They are selling guns. Just under a different name and 300ft away under the same roof.
        They are not doing away with the hunting and guns in their new concept stores that have the Field & Stream, D I CKS, and Golf Galaxy all in one. They would obviously have a huge portion of their store empty.This is the stores where it is all under one roof. And only 125 of their 600 plus stores.

Comment

Originally posted by js4242 View Post

I was agreeing with you !

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
            Dicks and their Field and Stream share a building and checkouts in Prosper, very large gun selection in the field and sream side.
            Yep. I go in there every few weeks or so for something because I live in Celina and they’re the closest sporting goods store.

Comment

Don't care, never stepped foot in that place. Don't even know where a Dicks is.

Comment

They have 720+ stores and are only pulling guns, ammunition and gun accessories in approximately 125 stores, which are struggling in sales for these items. They are not removing these items in areas where they sell better.

OH MY!!!! Let’s crucify them for making a business decision. Their goal is to make money, I think.

No different than E&P companies from pulling out of the Eagle Ford Shale because prices drop.....it’s all about the dollar.
                Last edited by RLB; 03-14-2019, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X