No announcement yet.

D I C K S Removes Hunting form 125 stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't been in one of their stores in a long time. The one close to me was a Galyan's before. I miss Galyan's.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
      Sports Authority was terrible to begin with. I called them up once because I wanted to see if they had a Peyton Manning jersey that I wanted to buy for my wife. Peyton was a Bronco at this point. The Broncos stadium is called Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

A man answers the phone.

"Yeah, I wanted to see if yall had any Peyton Manning jerseys in stock before I make the drive over there."

"Ok, let me check.."

***typing noises****

Then he asks me, "Sir, do you happen to know what team he plays for?"

Facepalm

OMG!!!!! well duh!!!!!!!!! The NY Yankees, some people I swear

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        They are making a business decision......happens everyday. I believe it is a poor choice but obviously they are more interested in other sports. I'm sure their consultant showed them the dwindling numbers in hunting and massive growth in others.....now they roll the dice......we shall see! Free Enterprise will have the last say as it should![emoji631]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
        They are being shown the numbers because the numbers don't lie. They made a business decision to not carry ARs, and other semi- auto firearms based on political beliefs. That is what ultimately cost them the sales.

Yes it was a business decision, but it was caused by a political decision. Most businesses I know of don't change their business model based on politics. Sales sucked because most hunters won't support a business that does not support their interest, or rights.
        Last edited by captainsling; 03-13-2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          D I C K S decided to pull out.

Someone will always be unhappy when this happens

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            We must boycott Whataburger. They dont sell hunting stuff.

Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            And your point is???????

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
              They are being shown the numbers because the numbers don't lie. They made a business decision to not carry ARs, and other semi- auto firearms based on political beliefs. That is what ultimately cost them the sales.

Yes it was a business decision, but it was caused by a political decision. Most businesses I know of don't change their business model based on politics. Sales sucked because most hunters won't support a business that does not support their interest, or rights.
              Ok, works for me!
              Bottom line, it is a potentially politically motivated decision they will have to deal with...…….along with their shareholders. If the consultants got it wrong they will suffer, if not the soccer moms will boost the bottom line. If the growing segments are in agreement with them they will evolve, if not BYE, BYE! We the hunters will spend our dollars (as we do now) with the folks that support our passion. Should be interesting to watch if nothing else.

Comment

I can't believe they are going to cease carrying Reebok! Oh the humanity! Grab your pitchforks. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  Ok, works for me!
                  Bottom line, it is a potentially politically motivated decision they will have to deal with...…….along with their shareholders. If the consultants got it wrong they will suffer, if not the soccer moms will boost the bottom line. If the growing segments are in agreement with them they will evolve, if not BYE, BYE! We the hunters will spend our dollars (as we do now) with the folks that support our passion. Should be interesting to watch if nothing else.
                  Totally agree. Hope they go by the way side personally. Would suck to be a share holder if that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by mudbone View Post
                    And your point is???????
                    Read Oscar's post bro.

Comment

They already closed down the one near me so I guess I have nothing to worry about

Comment

Dicks and their Field and Stream share a building and checkouts in Prosper, very large gun selection in the field and sream side.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                          Dicks and their Field and Stream share a building and checkouts in Prosper, very large gun selection in the field and sream side.

^^^^^Exactly - Make the the anti gun folks happy that you're NOT carrying guns in the Team Sports store. Even though you can walk 300ft and buy one in the same building at the outdoor store. No way are they walking away from hunting and fishing. The two stand alone Ds in the Austin area still have guns in them. Catchy headline to make people feel better who don't research anything when they are buying their yoga pants and tennis shoes.

Comment

No vale D I C K S!

Comment

All they need is to put up a deal and the deal alert folks here would go crazy and still buy from them.

Comment

Originally posted by js4242 View Post
                                ^^^^^Exactly - Make the the anti gun folks happy that you're NOT carrying guns in the Team Sports store. Even though you can walk 300ft and buy one in the same building at the outdoor store. No way are they walking away from hunting and fishing. The two stand alone Ds in the Austin area still have guns in them. Catchy headline to make people feel better who don't research anything when they are buying their yoga pants and tennis shoes.
                                It's called marketing.......smart move in my view, I wouldn't waste my time in Dicks but will in field and stream. Their avian x fusion mallard decoys were $10 less per half dozen than cabelas and bass pro

Comment

Working...
                                X