Hunting lease policy poll.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting lease policy poll.

How is guest hunting on your lease handled.

I'm going into the second year on this place that we LOVE hunting besides one rule.

IMMEDIATE FAMILY are allowed to hunt off allowed kills as guests. We are allowed 2 stand locations per member.

BUT..... THE PAYING MEMBER MUST ACCOMPANY THEM IN THE STAND.

The last 2 leases I hunted on allowed guests to hunt off your kills in a stand by themselves.

This rule that the paying member must accompany the family member really restricts the way we like to hunt. Almost every trip to our lease My wife and 2 boys (14 & 16) come with me. We would like to be able to keep hunting both of our stands at the same time.
    But it's probably not gonna happen this year. We used to all hunt at the same time on most hunts 2 of us in each blind. Sometimes my wife and I would hunt together and the boys would hunt together, or sometimes one of the boys would go with each of us. The lease boss did ask us to submit anything we would like him to go to the land owner with and I asked that this be changed but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen this year. We really love our place in the hill country, it's beautiful there, I get to hunt with three buddies I've known since Junior High School and we have made great friends already with the other members. The hunting is great and the price is right. Just wish this one thing was different.

Anyway, I just had to rant a little, and wanted to see how this was handled on other places.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NaClH2O_therapy; 03-06-2019, 09:39 PM.

I've got no problem with a rule requiring members to hunt with guests. Makes the paying member responsible for their guests actions and hopefully prevents something that does not meet lease guidelines from being killed.

Comment

We have the same rule where a paying member has to be with the guest. IMO that is the only way I would have it! Nothing worse than a non-paying member shooting something that he/she is not supposed to.

Comment

Your family should be the paying membership so hunt separate but if you bring a friend than you must hunt with them. Jmo

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
          We have the same rule where a paying member has to be with the guest. IMO that is the only way I would have it! Nothing worse than a non-paying member shooting something that he/she is not supposed to.
          X2! Things turn ugly fast when a guest shoots on their own accord. Sitting with them completely shuts the opportunity down for a mistake to happen.

Comment

Most likely that's the rule because someone else screwed it up already once upon a time.

Comment

Only way to be. Guest shouldn’t be out on their own

Comment

It’s a good rule.
                Just buy a spot for your wife or oldest son.

Comment

No guest hunt alone, unless hunting hogs only. Guest screw up. Always some guest breaks the rules. He/she/they have no dog in the hunt and therefore will shoot something they shouldn’t, biggest problem I ever had with members have been guests.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                    It’s a good rule.
                    Just buy a spot for your wife or oldest son.
                    Yep this would be my suggestion

Comment

Have not been on a lease in years

But I don't think it is unreasonable to require paying member to be with guest

Eliminates a lot of potential problems that usually lead to hurt feelings and busted friendships

Comment

Yep, if I was another member on a lease, that was supposed to be let’s say a three gun lease, and one of the members was bringing three other hunters (not paying hunters) with them, I would be ******. I understand that more deer won’t be killed, but that’s not the point. An easy fix to your situation would be to pay for two guns on your lease, then you wouldn’t have an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Were not allowed guests. Not even family. Wife can accompany you to the lease and to the stand but not hunt. Land owners rules. She seems to think it's a two for one thing. Even though they will probably be shooting off our alotment which is two bucks. One trophy and one cull/management buck. But hoping to change her mind once we earn her trust.

Comment

Good rule if your serious about managing your deer.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                              Yep. Ours is the same way. For this reason. I like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X