Hunting lease policy poll.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We didn't have that rule at first then one season two things happened:

A guest who was supposed to know better shot a very young buck.

A father and son, hunting separately, both shot our then definition of a trophy buck within minutes of the other. When the night before, there had been a discussion with the lease member about making sure that exact situation did NOT occur.

The second guy got kicked off the lease. We changed the rule after that and no one had an issue after seeing why the rule made sense.

Comment

Thanks for all the input, this seems to be the norm these days. I'm just not used to it because the last 2 leases I was on it was allowed.
      1 spot came open last month and I was considering paying for the spot for my wife or son, but decided not to spend the extra money this season. On a good note now there are 4 of us that grew up together hunting on the place.

Comment

We are allowed to bring immediate family(wife, mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, brother, sister, children) as guests on our lease. We do let guests hunt alone and we've never had a problem. But we only have 4 paying spots, so the number of guests actually sitting in a stand by themselves is not that great and we all understand what should and should not be shot. On a larger lease with more members and guests, I would imagine it could be a real problem though.
        Last edited by HUNTNETIME; 03-06-2019, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Who wants their wife at the lease with them ??

[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Yep. Ours is the same way. For this reason. I like it.
            Ditto - on our lease any guest cannot be out on the ranch unless the member is with them at all times -

Comment

There is a entire guest mistakes thread where majority of the post would show thy that is a pretty good rule to have in place. Some people unfortunately don’t follow the rules and that’s the solution.

Comment

I don't have a problem with this rule. Like someone mentioned by your wife or son their own membership then you can hunt 4 spots
                Last edited by AntlerCollector; 03-07-2019, 07:47 AM.

Comment

IMO, when you pay for a spot on a lease, you are paying for yourself to hunt. And bring guests from time to time, if the rules allow it. But not every time you go. It sounds like you are paying for one spot and want 4 people to hunt on a regular basis. Granted you are killing off one tag allotment, but that is a lot of people to regularly hunt on one paid spot. If every paid spot brought 4 people every time they came to the lease, it would be crowded fast. I don't know how many members and how large it is, but just an observation. In your situation it seems like having 2 paid spots is the way to go.

I don't really care about guest mistakes, its just a deer But if a lease with 4 paid spots had 16 people show up to hunt, it would be a bit much for me. I am all for guests, but in moderation

Comment

I agree....guests, if hunting, must be with the paying lease member. If they want to hunt by themselves.....let them pay for their own spot. I don't care if it is a "guest" or an immediate family member, if I am going to be responsible for them they are going to be with me to prevent screw ups. I've seen it happen way to many times whether intentional or unintentional.

My 2 oldest boys ask all the time..."when can I hunt by myself" and I answer when you pay for your own **** spot.....it's either that or stay at home

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                      IMO, when you pay for a spot on a lease, you are paying for yourself to hunt. And bring guests from time to time, if the rules allow it. But not every time you go. It sounds like you are paying for one spot and want 4 people to hunt on a regular basis. Granted you are killing off one tag allotment, but that is a lot of people to regularly hunt on one paid spot. If every paid spot brought 4 people every time they came to the lease, it would be crowded fast. I don't know how many members and how large it is, but just an observation. In your situation it seems like having 2 paid spots is the way to go.

I don't really care about guest mistakes, its just a deer But if a lease with 4 paid spots had 16 people show up to hunt, it would be a bit much for me. I am all for guests, but in moderation
                      Spot on But your going to pizz off a few TBHers in a few seconds, watch.

Comment

It’s a great rule.

Comment

Originally posted by bolilloloco View Post
                          it’s a good rule.
                          just buy a spot for your wife or oldest son.

this.

Comment

It sounds like you like the place, the price, and the other lease holders, but you want no rules on what is harvested.............

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                              Only way to be. Guest shouldn’t be out on their own
                              X10
                              The old hip pocket rule seldom if ever causes someone to lose a friend.
                              Even if it's a family member it's still the best policy plus it good bonding time spent.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                                Who wants their wife at the lease with them ??

[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I do. She’s awesome, hot, fun, and loves the lease as much as I do

Comment

Working...
                                X