• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that the 460 w fuel injection?

Comment

There ain’t nothin like a big block![emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That 460 is going to be a beast with the new fuel injection system.

Comment

Dang nice!! My granddad had a 79 F150 with a 460 in it. He was well into his 70’s at the time and had my Dad and I weld a piece of railroad rail under the bed so he could take off without spinning his tires [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

very nice

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Nice! While the engine it out you ought to toss a Dana 60 under the front end. Put a 205 in that jewel and you'll be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                  Is that the 460 w fuel injection?
                  It was not a factory Fuel Injected motor. It's a 76 motor that had a 4350 on it.

Comment

Looking Good

Comment

Looking great

Comment

New project truck

I wish they’d bring back the front vent windows and dimmer on the floor board. I had a 77’ f250 that I sold with 72,000 original miles on it in 1996, that I wish I still had.
                        Yours is looking nice. Enjoying the updates

Comment

Where’s the aftermarket cassette player ?? It supposed to be mounted under the dash.

Comment

Cool truck. Which EFI system did you end up going with?

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                              Where’s the aftermarket cassette player ?? It supposed to be mounted under the dash.
                              I might or might not have an under dash 8 track player stashed away.

Comment

Nice looking truck, should be fun. Replacing the timing chain and cam should help it out a bit. All of the Ford big blocks starting in 72, they retarded the cam, along with dropping the compression to around 8:1 cr. If you wanted to make that thing run better, without having to buy expensive heads. There is at least one pair of the early closed chamber heads for sale on facebook market place. Those have 70 something cc chambers. The do a lot or the compression ratio. The D3 heads, which that truck should have, are around 98 cc, if I remember correctly. Advancing the cam 8 degrees or basically getting it back to where they were back in the late 60 to 71, which can be done with a common aftermarket double roller timing chain. Straight up on those, should put the cam straight up or close to it, really need to degree it. Then the other thing is to replace the big open chamber heads, with some early heads, then replace the valves with larger valves, that or get some good aftermarket heads. The AFR and the F460 are the better cheaper performance heads, either of those heads, will make huge jumps in power, over any of the factory heads.

One of the trucks I wished I had the most, was one I worked on many years ago. It was about a 76, black, short bed, F150. I think a XLT Ranger. But it had a factory 460 and a 4 spd. I wanted that truck bad, but the old guy who owned it, bought it new and said he would never sell it.

Good luck with the truck, looking pretty good so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X