Electric trucks are coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man View Post
    I am all for innovation and clean energy vehicles....as a consumer I will make the leap when it is the right time and makes sense for me. Trying to shove it down peoples throats, and peeing on their foot about benefits will do it more harm than good for those wanting everyone to go electric tomorrow.

Hows your Volt holding up Obama?
    True

If fanatics and extremists stay out of it I think the EV market will get here much sooner than later

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Yup. They are almost autonomous now. My wife and I drove a new explorer the other day.

The active cruise was cool, the lane assist was a PITA but it can be disabled. But the **** thing will park itself perfectly centered in the spot left/right/front/back. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I rode in a Tesla 3 that did this. Does it take 5 minutes to get centered in the spot like the Tesla?

The amount of time it took the Tesla to park, I could have parked in the middle, gone inside, got what I needed, and been on my way out before it got itself in the open spot.

Comment

Electric trucks are coming

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        I rode in a Tesla 3 that did this. Does it take 5 minutes to get centered in the spot like the Tesla?

The amount of time it took the Tesla to park, I could have parked in the middle, gone inside, got what I needed, and been on my way out before it got itself in the open spot.

Only thing that took time was for it to recognize the open spot. After that it nailed it first time.

Comment

Some of you need to step away from the television set and turn off The Jetsons.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Only thing that took time was for it to recognize the open spot. After that it nailed it first time.

That's awesome. With a little competition, all the self driving/self parking/electric vehicles are going to evolve fast and be something that can be produced at an amount the overall market can afford.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
              Just watched the video of Musk showing it off. Unbreakable windows broke and they said it has a 250 mile range. That wouldn't hardly even get me to the lease and back, not to mention the running around once you are there. No thanks, I'll wait another decade for the battery technologies to catch up.
              Plus it is not tall enough for truck nutz. They can keep it!

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gyvzMclA5Q"]Tesla Cyber Truck Reveal - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

That's awesome. With a little competition, all the self driving/self parking/electric vehicles are going to evolve fast and be something that can be produced at an amount the overall market can afford.
                  Yeah, it's going to be amazing. My FIL works in tech and has some involvement with AI development, it's funny how matter of fact he talks about things that most folks think are just sci fi and how close we are to fully autonomous cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
                    Franz swing that sledge like a 6 year old LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                      And how much will it cost? $200K?
                      That’s the big question. I’m a believer in Tesla and think they are making a move in the right direction but I don’t see how they can make a truck with that towing capacity (even 40,000 seems like a lot for an electric engine). I’m curious what towing a load will go to the mile range and lifespan of the battery.
                      I actually think the motors would have no problem towing that. The bigger question is the tires and brakes. Tell me where the innovations are in these areas that account for that kind of towing capability.

Comment

Originally posted by crumrw View Post
                        I actually think the motors would have no problem towing that. The bigger question is the tires and brakes. Tell me where the innovations are in these areas that account for that kind of towing capability.
                        Already been made. With electric truck, you have regenerative braking, plus your normal brakes. Brakes are they are designed today have more than enough power. For example. Mash both the brake and gas pedal at the same time. Your truck isn't going anywhere. Mash your gas pedal, then a second later left foot brake. Your truck will stop. The engine will never overpower the brakes. BUT, if you are still concerned about brakes, Brembo just released a set of SUV/Truck brakes that are 6 piston (Normal brakes are 1 piston). So there is always that.

Comment

It does not matter if production get better, faster, cheaper if people will not but them.....and people will not buy them. When an American decides to drive from point A to point b we dont want to think for 1 second about our vehicles range. There is always the virtue signaling type who is willing to consider that range but they are less than 1% of the population.
                          The proof states us all in the face when we take to the road. There are more 3/4 ton diesels at HEB than electric hybrids

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            It does not matter if production get better, faster, cheaper if people will not but them.....and people will not buy them. When an American decides to drive from point A to point b we dont want to think for 1 second about our vehicles range. There is always the virtue signaling type who is willing to consider that range but they are less than 1% of the population.
                            The proof states us all in the face when we take to the road. There are more 3/4 ton diesels at HEB than electric hybrids
                            And someone smart enough is going to figure out how to make a lot money off making the range irrelevant.

Smaller, more efficient, standardized batteries that can be swapped out on the fly like propane tanks are one way. No reasons that can't happen.

It's inevitable that one day fossil fuels will become so expensive that gas burners will be obsolete, luckily we have really smart folks who like money to think up new solutions.

Virtue signalling goes both ways, the liberal smell-my-own fart types and the right wingers who will to to any extent to avoid anything that looks like librul hippie crap to them. It's pretty sad really how many people truly WANT these new techs and the American businesses behind them to fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                              And someone smart enough is going to figure out how to make a lot money off making the range irrelevant.

Smaller, more efficient, standardized batteries that can be swapped out on the fly like propane tanks are one way. No reasons that can't happen.

It's inevitable that one day fossil fuels will become so expensive that gas burners will be obsolete, luckily we have really smart folks who like money to think up new solutions.

Virtue signalling goes both ways, the liberal smell-my-own fart types and the right wingers who will to to any extent to avoid anything that looks like librul hippie crap to them. It's pretty sad really how many people truly WANT these new techs and the American businesses behind them to fail.
                              Who wants them to fail? No one has to want them to fail....they will all on their own because there is no market. Sure one day there may be a market nut I'm 50 and that market will not exist in my lifetime if I live to be 100. I appreciate the innovation, I appreciate the risk taking by billionaires but fact is gas and diesel are not going anywhere for at least another 100 or more years. And as long as an American can get make a 5 min stop at a filling station that's what an American is going to do. Even switching out battery packs will take longer than a fill up.......much much longer and be much more expensive

Comment

My brother ordered a Tesla truck this morning.

If you are under 50 you will see electric cars start to take over the market. Not hybrids full electric. Supercharging stations are already popping up all over the place. In 10 years if not 5 you will see electric 18 wheelers driving on autopilot down the road(there probably will still be person in it because humans are afraid of computers)

Comment

Working...
                                X