Incredible new bow for 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zanemanaggie View Post
    yes there are a number of things to consider while doing this stuff and having a bow with a LOW enough starting poundage is key.

i have a 5" BH bowtech carbon knight that i have shot for about 4 years now.
    it started as a 50 and is now a max 72. i shoot about 53-55 pounds and i shoot over 300fps @27.5" draw....
    I understand exactly what your doing and how..I've considered it myself..I just never had the guts to make the cuts.

Comment

I hope this explains how this is not changing the brace height like yall think I am and why it is not less forgiving than the original bow
      Regardless of how you get there, shortening BH is the same. So, you’ve shortened BH, increased power stroke by shortening BH, increased poundage by shortening limbs and changing deflection, and are proud of these modifications. Good for you. Bow manufacturers and tinkerers have been doing this for years. Now, make it attractive to the consumer, economically manufacturable, and warranty it. 👍

Comment

to further explain this
        when i set up the above carbon knight i set it to the max draw and pounds so it was a 28.5" 72lb bow
        i shot a 350gr arrow out of it and it shot 332

now that is shooting the full stock power of the bow 2" shorter than stock draw
        That’s simply because you shortened the BH, therefore keeping the power stroke the same!

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
          That’s simply because you shortened the BH, therefore keeping the power stroke the same!
          exactly
          the bow draws the same feels the same but you get to be 2-3" taller

Comment

and just for full clarity

I have done this to a HOYT bow as well Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

and just for full clarity

I have done this to a HOYT bow as well Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
              Brand doesn’t matter. It’s all about BH, DL, and poundage, (limb deflection). Every manufacture can do this. Can they sell it?

Comment

Brand doesn’t matter. It’s all about BH, DL, and poundage, (limb deflection). Every manufacture can do this. Can they sell it?
                ah well that is not a completely true statement.

there are a few specific criteria and they are not always present

now you get me a 30# elite spirit from a few years back and i can blow you mind!

Comment

Wow. Very cool OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

ah well that is not a completely true statement.

there are a few specific criteria and they are not always present

now you get me a 30# elite spirit from a few years back and i can blow you mind!
                    Explain to me my ignorance. You’re gonna have a hard time blowing my mind when it comes to bow modifications, but please try.

Comment

just the power output of that bow (in my opinion will be the best) I can not find a light enough limb to start with and so i am stuck at around 5" of BH with good quality limbs, or i go to softer crappier limbs and i can get down to 4" BH

thus i have sumized that if i could start at 30 instead of 40 i could get there

also that is one of the most parallel limb bows i am aware of as well and that helps a lot.

Comment

Explain to me my ignorance. You’re gonna have a hard time blowing my mind when it comes to bow modifications, but please try.
                        what is your draw length? and how many pounds do you shoot?
                        how fast is your setup now? for general reasons this is not a speed discussion.

Comment

just the power output of that bow (in my opinion will be the best) I can not find a light enough limb to start with and so i am stuck at around 5" of BH with good quality limbs, or i go to softer crappier limbs and i can get down to 4" BH

thus i have sumized that if i could start at 30 instead of 40 i could get there

also that is one of the most parallel limb bows i am aware of as well and that helps a lot.
                          ???? Now, please explain to me how you perfect DL, unless the bow is Infinately DL adjustable, without adjusting string and cable lengths.

Comment

For years now I have been modifying bows with no more intelligence than a Dremel tool and a "why not"

I currently have myself, wife and our kids shooting well above our stock draw length power. Thus we all shoot much lower poundage and still have more power. POWER to all of us non-giants!
                            this current project and my first public offering (though I've told anyone who'll listen for years about this stuff) is a modified Infinity edge pro.

Only power check so far has it shooting 22" draw (and for give me that I can't find my grain scale at the moment) 47lbs draw weight with a ~225-235gr arrow shooting 250fps. And shoots my arrow ~320-330gr at 232fps

how it is done.

video is up
                            https://youtu.be/mZcK5SenpiY
                            I think you’re the person that brought up the speed discussion.

Comment

???? Now, please explain to me how you perfect DL, unless the bow is Infinately DL adjustable, without adjusting string and cable lengths.
                              the limbs need to be fairly parallel or you will need to do some extra things that for now we will leave as my intellectual property as i don't have time to explain if these simple mods are not to your current liking. but i do and have help a number people all who come are happy and leave excited. i have never made a dime on any of this. i just like helping people.

Comment

the limbs need to be fairly parallel or you will need to do some extra things that for now we will leave as my intellectual property as i don't have time to explain if these simple mods are not to your current liking. but i do and have help a number people all who come are happy and leave excited. i have never made a dime on any of this. i just like helping people.
                                👍 enjoy yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X