No announcement yet.

Incredible new bow for 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done, I’ve often wished I could think out of the box like that, but it’s just not me.

Comment

Originally posted by zanemanaggie View Post
      why?
      primarily the force on the limbs. I'm no engineer, but try to bend a 3 foot piece of 1/2" pvc pipe to make the ends 3" lower than the middle. Now do that with a 1 foot piece. Add in drilling a hole in there with a dremel tool, and I don't want that near my face. I'm not too good looking as it is. It can obviously handle it, I just trust it about as much as a fart after carnival chili cheese nachos.

Comment

but i am an engineer

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
        primarily the force on the limbs. I'm no engineer, but try to bend a 3 foot piece of 1/2" pvc pipe to make the ends 3" lower than the middle. Now do that with a 1 foot piece. Add in drilling a hole in there with a dremel tool, and I don't want that near my face. I'm not too good looking as it is. It can obviously handle it, I just trust it about as much as a fart after carnival chili cheese nachos.

they put a hole in it to start with, and yes the pounds to go up but i expected that going in

all is great

and I do know how to break a bow and how not to

good stuff

Comment

first bow i ever did

this was a stock 50lb heart breaker

changed to a 25" draw 64lb bow and it shot 351

its been an awesome ride from there
          Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting! Obviously you've been tinkering with your bows for awhile. How many bows have you destroyed in the process? Not something I'd be comfortable attempting, but with your engineering background I'm sure you've got a good grip on it. I imagine all bow progressions come from tinkering.
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

so how did you figure the string length change

Comment

Very cool!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                  so how did you figure the string length change
                  while I have order a few custom strings to produce some variations, my goals are to be able to do as little extra spending as possible and I have been very successful at using the stock strings

however in this case you do have to use the C setting on the cam (as you can see in the pictures

thank you for asking

Comment

No way I would do this

Comment

I use to tinker with bows long ago, take different parts form different bows, make the cable and make new strings....found one that took a short handle and used longer limbs and made a quite, fast shooting bow....this was 30 years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Very interesting! Obviously you've been tinkering with your bows for awhile. How many bows have you destroyed in the process? Not something I'd be comfortable attempting, but with your engineering background I'm sure you've got a good grip on it. I imagine all bow progressions come from tinkering.
                        good question

i have cut 2 sets of limbs to short but they where limbs that i had extra and i i was look for the short end limit. and i once forgot to put the draw stop back on my assassin cam and let me tell you that was exciting. but that can happen to any adjusting a stock bow. so i have not ever had a complete bow that i worked on fail even after years of use.

again that is a good question

Comment

Very interesting.

Comment

hard to believe

this picture is from today
                            this little bow (a 4" BH atomic) is entering its 5th year of use. Abby has handed it down to her 5 year old brother. it looks so tiny in her hands now. hard to believe we shot deer size game with up to a 2.5" cut expandable broadhead. the power has been amazing.
                            Attached Files

Comment

awesome!

Comment

more fun videos

Comment

Working...
                                X