No announcement yet.

Sonora 2019 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started hunting out in Sonora last year. Really like the area and lots of exotics on our place . Feeding the corn /soy mix or buck peas ?? this year so will see how it goes . Bisch I sure like that goofy Deer of yours !! Hope everyone has a great season

Comment

Three birds down yesterday.
      Attached Files

Comment

Congrats nice thunder chickens

Comment

Originally posted by The Cajun View Post
          Unfortunately, the land owner ended all leases on his properties this year. My friends dad had been going out there since the 70's. With that said, I will not be traveling that way any time soon.

I just got a call from Rough Creek Taxidermy in Sonora that my Axis shoulder mount is ready. Its going to cost a hefty amount to ship it. I live in Louisiana but have buddy TBH member "Patton" who lives in Austin and another buddy, also a TBH member who lives in Kingwood. I'm hoping to find someone that may be able to do a TBH express for my mount. Im in no rush, but told them I'd work on finding someone. If this is something one of you may be able to help with please send a pm and we can try to work something out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Good luck to everyone this off season. Nothing beats the Sonora Axis hunting.
          Did you ever get an express set up? I'll be headed out west end of May and could get it back to the TX/LA border in Orange if that would help out.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTech2010 View Post
            Did you ever get an express set up? I'll be headed out west end of May and could get it back to the TX/LA border in Orange if that would help out.

Yes, I got an expressed with Sacket. I appreciate the offer.

Comment

I would love to hunt out that way. Im on the search for a place too

Comment

Congrats on all the birds!!!! Still none at the house this year for me!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post
                  Three birds down yesterday.
                  Congrats again!

Comment

Has anyone been down recently? How are the conditions in the area? Also curious on game pics. How are the deer looking. Im still old school and have to go check my cards lol. So I have not seen much recent action.

Comment

Sonora 2019 hunting thread

It has been super green all year so far. But........it’s heating up now, and with not much rain lately, I can see my pasture already slowly starting to turn brown. The deer are growing nicely, and hitting the protein HARD!!! I have not seen any fawns yet, but that’s not too unusual, as I only have 122ac.

Bisch

Comment

Our lease West of town is GREEN, GREEN, GREEN! Grass and weeds 2-3' high. Should be a great year for fawn and Poult survival. We've turned down the feeders considerably since there is so much natural browse.

Comment

Thats awesome. Its great to see some good vegetation down there. Hope some of our holes still have water to go with it.

Comment

Have been up quit a bit. It is starting to die off some, but is still green. We had some drizzle on Sunday so I rushed up there and lit 23 big brush piles. The axis are going nuts with the rut right now. Hope to take a few days off work and see if my arrow can find a target. Will keep the thread updated.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m starting to hear about an anthrax outbreak west of town. Folks finding dead deer, cows, goats, and sheep! I know nothing about how the anthrax starts or spreads, and it’s scaring me a bit! Need to do some research now!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

I talked with our landowner which he lives in the area. He said there is a outbreak but it’s mostly Crockett county. Hope it doesn’t come our way.

Comment

Working...
                                X