• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody got a report from around sonora

Comment

Originally posted by Grady_jones View Post
      Anybody got a report from around sonora
      I saw some nice Sonora bucks taken this year from the guys that own the archery shop I go to.

Comment

We have deer and a few good bucks, probably won’t shoot anything this year unless it’s varmints.
        We are about 8 miles west of town.

Comment

We are west of the caverns. Hunting through the weekend and so far its depressing. We had high hopes for this year and tried to be optimistic but reality is sinking in. Its like a ghost town here. Its nice to get away and being down here but sure would like to see some life at the same time.

Comment

Well, came home early. Pretty much all the work done, to much food was ate, and almost little to no deer activity. So sad seeing the place like that. Talking to people in town its sad there to as well. All of the local business economy is taking a large hit!!

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
              I saw some nice Sonora bucks taken this year from the guys that own the archery shop I go to.
              If you're referring to Donnie and Hunter they hunt north of Sonora towards Eldorado. I talked to them a few months ago when I was in the shop and they were spared from the anthrax. Both good bucks they got.

Comment

Bringing this back up. Anyone been down recently. Any reports? I have not been since November.

Comment

Went last weekend. Saw 1 deer on the entire place. Corn still piled up under the feeders. 95+% loss if I had to guess.

Comment

Those that haven’t lost their herd should have some great rut activity right now.

Comment

I shot 2 old culls this year and nothing else. Had a few 9 pts and 10 pts coming through but let them walk to repopulate.

I would estimate we lost ~80% of our herd. Hopefully its a quick bounce back.

Comment

Well just like that, I’m lease-less for the first time in years. Sad to sit in the stand out there and remember how it was before the anthrax.

Comment

that S****, been there years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                            Well just like that, I’m lease-less for the first time in years. Sad to sit in the stand out there and remember how it was before the anthrax.

that sux!! I was sitting on the porch of the cabin close to Sonora yesterday, sort of sad that deer season was over, but glad I have a place for next year!! I'm glad that we are outside the anthrax boundry. I would hate to think how many trailer loads of stuff we would have to move when we lose our current place.

Comment

It was a sad end to the season for us too. I sat there and looked at the few remaining deer we have and said “ well you guys survived the apocalypse”

Comment

Working...
                              X