Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bump Stocks become illegal come March...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason View Post

Well the Bushes were anti-gun too, but some reason they are praised as conservative messiahs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

LOL, OK.

I didn't realize this was a presidential history lesson thread. The fact remains that President Trump; while surprisingly doing alot of solid conservative things, lied to voters about where he stood on guns. In 2000, Trump wrote a book and in his own words said he "supported a ban on assault weapons." He campaigned as a champion for the second amendment, distancing himself from his previous positions and championing himself as a strong 2nd amendment supporter. Now, he has ordered the ATF to ban "bump stocks," arguably a type of "assault weapon." If Obama did this, we would be calling for his impeachment, trumpkins shurg it off and say things like "bush did it." Why can't we call a spade a spade requardless of whether they have an R or D behind their name?

Comment

Its plain not good. It will end up in court. Retroactive bans tend to only float in certain parts of the country. Then states will start pushing back. In terms of lost in a boating accident.... I'm not risking going to prison for 20 years over a piece of plastic. Principles are small consolation when sitting in a 6x6 cell and Bubba waiting for some cuddle time after chow.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Comment

LOL, OK.

I didn't realize this was a presidential history lesson thread. The fact remains that President Trump; while surprisingly doing alot of solid conservative things, lied to voters about where he stood on guns. In 2000, Trump wrote a book and in his own words said he "supported a ban on assault weapons." He campaigned as a champion for the second amendment, distancing himself from his previous positions and championing himself as a strong 2nd amendment supporter. Now, he has ordered the ATF to ban "bump stocks," arguably a type of "assault weapon." If Obama did this, we would be calling for his impeachment, trumpkins shurg it off and say things like "bush did it." Why can't we call a spade a spade requardless of whether they have an R or D behind their name?

Lol OK.

I wasn’t trying to give one. I was just adding to my point that none of the elites, including Trump side with us on this issue. The sooner we realize that the better.

Also if you cared to read the thread you would see I am not defending Trump. He could potentially lose my support over this.

Last edited by Clay C; 12-19-2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

LOL, OK.

how is a piece of plastic arguably an assault weapon? Can a bump stock that is not attached to a weapon fire bullets?

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                My logic is that it doesn't matter if the weapon was built fully automatic or if adding parts inside or outside of the gun makes it fully automatic. The end result is the same. I believe that the gun industry was pushing the envelope on the legality of the things, got the ruling that they wanted for awhile, then common sense prevailed and the ruling was reversed. I support tough vetting of anyone desiring to own fully automatic weapons so I support the bump stock loophole being closed. If you want a fully automatic weapon and qualify, you can still own one.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  I'm not sure of the bill...sounded like it came straight out of the trump administration!!

No mention of binary triggers or other gadgets.
                  Trump got us again.......smh

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    Lol OK.

I wasn’t trying to give one. I was just adding to my point that none of the elites, including Trump side with us on this issue. The sooner we realize that the better.

Also if you cared to read the thread you would see I am not defending Trump. He could potentially lose my support over this.

Fair enough
                    Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    how is a piece of plastic arguably an assault weapon? Can a bump stock that is not attached to a weapon fire bullets?
                    Hence the term "arguably"

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      Your comment is referring to the weapon.....a bump stock in not a weapon it's a device or accessory. They are no trying to outlaw the weapon, they are outlawing an accessory

But they are using this law to ban it. They are classifying it as a machine gun. It is not.

Comment

So my question is.. are these bump stocks registered? How would they know who has them and who doesn't? I suspect the answer is "NO" and "They don't". Seems to me it is more of a scare tactic. Furthermore, it wouldn't surprise me if the administration had already knew that this would be contested in the legal system and that it would eventually die as a result. "Sorry I Tried to throw a bone but sorry it didn't get through the legal system."

Comment

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
                          So my question is.. are these bump stocks registered? How would they know who has them and who doesn't? I suspect the answer is "NO" and "They don't". Seems to me it is more of a scare tactic. Furthermore, it wouldn't surprise me if the administration had already knew that this would be contested in the legal system and that it would eventually die as a result. "Sorry I Tried to throw a bone but sorry it didn't get through the legal system."
                          They're not registered. But, I imagine the penalties will be pretty steep if anyone is caught in possession of one. All NFA violations are no bueno. Lose all your ability to buy/keep guns type stuff.

Comment

Holy Cow! Would ya look at this.

U.S.—In a rash of tragedies all across the United States, every single AR-15 in the nation was tragically lost in various boating accidents earlier this week.

Comment

Like I said it does you no good to own something if you can't use it.

I would bet most rural LEO's in Texas and the south would look the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                                thanks Mr. President.

I predict hi capacity mags next.
                                What do you mean? Like 100 round drums?
                                Because all STANDARD AR mags are 30 rounders. That is a standard magazine for AR's and AK's ect. Most .308 semi rifles are 20 rounders...standard capacity.

Comment

Working...
                                X