Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bump Stocks become illegal come March...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump Stocks become illegal come March...

Announced at the White House press briefing a little while ago. Just FYI for owners...turn in or to be destroyed.

I’m sure some folks lost theirs in a tragic boating accident

Comment

I don't have a use for them but this is scary stuff. A device the ATF has said for years was not a machine gun all the sudden is a machine gun because they said so. This is bad for all gun owners whether you agree with bump stocks or not.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
        I don't have a use for them but this is scary stuff. A device the ATF has said for years was not a machine gun all the sudden is a machine gun because they said so. This is bad for all gun owners whether you agree with bump stocks or not.
        Yep

Comment

X2 exactly my thoughts

Comment

Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
              I’m sure some folks lost theirs in a tragic boating accident
              hate it when that happens

Comment

It will be interesting to see how many are actually turned in to authorities. Have you seen any estimates as to the number of bump stocks there are in circulation?

Comment

Dang and I thought Obama was coming for them.....

Comment

What is the Bill #?

Comment

I'm not sure of the bill...sounded like it came straight out of the trump administration!!

No mention of binary triggers or other gadgets.

Comment

No compensation? If the government wants to take something away they need to pay just compensation. If I had one I’d keep on using it.

Comment

Slippery slope...if they can ban one and require they be turned in and/or destroyed what's to stop them from classifying other devices as "illegal" and requiring the same. Curious as to why they didn't put them in the same category as suppressors and go for the money grab

Comment

How do they know who even has them?

Seems unenforceful and starting down a slippery slope a lot of us folks with take issue with.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              No compensation? If the government wants to take something away they need to pay just compensation. If I had one I’d keep on using it.
                              5th Amendment only guarantees "…nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.”

If they destroy them then they can take all they want b/c it's not going for public use...theoretically

Comment

Working...
                              X