Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bump Stocks become illegal come March...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's next, books? Slippery slope indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
      5th Amendment only guarantees "…nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.”

If they destroy them then they can take all they want b/c it's not going for public use...theoretically
      This is how I read it as well.
      They aren’t going to pay you for something they outlawed.
      This is a big loss for gun owners, I personally do not see a reason to own bump stocks, but the change of classification and ban on them after saying they are fine is worrying.

Comment

This was a change in regulatory interpretation of "machine gun", and required no changes in the actual law.

Slippery slope indeed. I don't need a bump stock, and if I had one, I'd have the boating accident, but you can't just ban stuff and confiscate it when you used to say it was OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          I'm not sure of the bill...sounded like it came straight out of the trump administration!!

No mention of binary triggers or other gadgets.

Just wait until someone uses one in a mass shooting...it's all about gaining political capital and its disgusting.

As for bump stocks, they are one of the dumbest things you can put on your gun, but this is still a bad move.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown County Man View Post
            What is the Bill #?
            There is no bill. It is an ATF ruling.

Basically, they decided they are machine guns now and they are added to the NFA. Since they weren't registered before 1986 you can't have them. Must be destroyed with no compensation.

They basically said screw congress we will do it on our own.

This just sets precedent for the Dems to do the same thing to all "assault weapons" when the next dem president gets in there in 2020.

Comment

Gun Owners Of America already filed a lawsuit. Hopefully defeat this swiftly.

Donate to GOA if you love freedom

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEyeB View Post
                Gun Owners Of America already filed a lawsuit. Hopefully defeat this swiftly.

Donate to GOA if you love freedom
                Unfortunately I fear it will all be for show as there is precedent to support this

Comment

It does you no good to own something if you can't use it. They don't know who has them but liberal neighbors can sure tell them they heard a machine gun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Again, this is a ruling that will only negatively affect law abiding citizens b/c the fear of consequences outweigh the risks of ownership. Get caught with one and all your firearms go away after a felony conviction. SMH

Comment

I will not turn over anything to the government. Period.

I guess my neighbor must have borrowed it & forgot to return it.**** shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        It does you no good to own something if you can't use it. They don't know who has them but liberal neighbors can sure tell them they heard a machine gun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        2 things, you can bumpfire without the stock, and machine guns aren't illegal to own.

Comment

Hot off the press... signed today.
                          Link

Comment

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
                            How do they know who even has them?

Seems unenforceful and starting down a slippery slope a lot of us folks with take issue with.
                            Like Jerp said, the qty of mfg & sold are staggering...will they research distribution & retailers to find them or is it all going to be an honor system deal. My concern the poor folks down the road who never got word & have them in their possession. Who knows what sort of burden it may cause.

I agree with the others that it's more of a novelty item but to put it in the same class with a FA is kinda creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post

They basically said screw congress we will do it on our own.

This just sets precedent for the Dems to do the same thing to all "assault weapons" when the next dem president gets in there in 2020.
                              THIS is the worst part of this ruling. Politicians look at what their predecessors were able to get away with, lawful or not, and push the envelope. I don't own one, never wanted to, but IMO, you punish the criminal, not the tool.

Comment

Public cost due to loss of property $102.5 million

Comment

Working...
                                X