Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Processing question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buckrider View Post
    Burner, what do you mean y’all can’t help me??? That’s what this group is for is to ask advise and to get opinions on things. I got both and y’all have been a big help, as usual...
    This will sort itself out on its own but will do it without me and hopefully those that have seen this will go in with eyes open at least!
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm sorry. Yes, we can offer advice, but we cannot do anything about them shorting you.

My advice is to complain to them and demand that they make it right!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Time to get a scale and weigh them before you drop them off. $25 at Academy..

Then a grinder and do it yourself. Very rewarding and easy to do it yourself

Yes sir Mr. Smart I actually do have a 300# scale but it’s at home lol... I plan to weigh anything killed from now on. Need to build a gutting/skinning rack etc too. My nephew has been telling me the same thing you just said about processing it myself for a while now and has even offered to do it for a portion if I want to deliver it to him, about an hour out of the way....
      I usually only kill something to be processed about every 3rd year and this year with 4 hogs and hopefully a deer or 2 has been very un normal for me!
      Thanks my friend!

Comment

The next time I go through Fairfield, I will go by their place and tell them they suck!

Comment

I feel certain that if they knew the largest hunting forum with thousands of hunting members reading this, they might just try to make things right.
          Last edited by Burnadell; 12-15-2018, 04:52 PM.

Comment

This is why I process all my own game. No clue who’s meat you got or when it’s from.

The first time I ever shot a deer, a spike, I dropped it off at the processors and they told me a week. Drop back in a week later and they kind of scrambled and brought out all these packages of meat that looked a little old. I asked for the head of my animal and they brought me in the back and my deer was still hanging there!

Their excuse was they just shuffle the meat as it comes in and they estimate to poundage so customers don’t have to wait as long and it’s easier for them.

I said screw that. Went out and bought my own scale, grinder, slicer, vacuum sealer, wax paper, etc and do it myself. Adds another layer of accomplishment when you eat an animal you hunted, skinned, processed.

Comment

Check their reviews. I helped you out.
              Last edited by Burnadell; 12-15-2018, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                I'm sorry. Yes, we can offer advice, but we cannot do anything about them shorting you.

My advice is to complain to them and demand that they make it right!

At this point it’s not worth it to me and the trust factor is not there anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  The next time I go through Fairfield, I will go by their place and tell them they suck!

Tell them that the biggest and best bowhunting website in the country knows all about them too! Lol smh

Comment

Originally posted by Buckrider View Post
                    Tell them that the biggest and best bowhunting website in the country knows all about them too! Lol smh

I will let them know that over 82,000 members have the opportunity to read how thet shorted you, and it could cost them a whole lot more than they gained...but that is not my responsibility. They didn't do anything to me. You need to take a stand when someone jacks you around. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo6 View Post
                      This is why I process all my own game. No clue who’s meat you got or when it’s from.

The first time I ever shot a deer, a spike, I dropped it off at the processors and they told me a week. Drop back in a week later and they kind of scrambled and brought out all these packages of meat that looked a little old. I asked for the head of my animal and they brought me in the back and my deer was still hanging there!

Their excuse was they just shuffle the meat as it comes in and they estimate to poundage so customers don’t have to wait as long and it’s easier for them.

I said screw that. Went out and bought my own scale, grinder, slicer, vacuum sealer, wax paper, etc and do it myself. Adds another layer of accomplishment when you eat an animal you hunted, skinned, processed.

Wow that’s crazy but I have heard that same issue many times over the years! Most processors that’s I’ve known of will tell you Yes you get your own meat back and the equipment is always cleaned between each animal. The girl I talked to today said something that I have never heard of till now. She said the hose down the carcass and then spray it down with disinfectant before they go to work on processing the meat! New one to me! [emoji15]

Comment

Interested to hear result...I’ve been using J&S...they have been OK with deer and hog.

Comment

Working...
                        X