Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Processing question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    I think the problem is in your guess of how much the hogs weighed!!! Based on your wording 100 PLUS and over 200.

Post pics of these hogs

The larger one was the estimate of 230# by the guy that works there and he is a good guy. He actually told me after I told him how much I got after the smaller one was processed that he thought I should have had way more than 16-17 # of meat off that. He saw both of the hogs personally but didn’t do the work on them just skinned them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I do my own processing and generally get about 20-25% of boned out meat from hogs. The head, skin, and bones are a large percentage of the weight on them. Deer usually yield 35-45% boned out meat.
      Yea, you should have got a lot more pan sausage from those hogs, especially if he added beef.

Comment

You got quite a bit missing if you ask me.

Comment

Yes, I agree with the rest. You got shorted big time. I just don't understand why they would hold back and cheat with pork. Axis and Venison I can see. But wild hog? I guess meat is meat.
          To give you some comparison. I just had 2 whitetail bucks, one Axis buck and a 80lb hog get me 150lbs of meat. My processor is awesome. Crazy honest.

Comment

This is the smaller one ...

Comment

This is the bigger one, the dog is 75#

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                Yes, I agree with the rest. You got shorted big time. I just don't understand why they would hold back and cheat with pork. Axis and Venison I can see. But wild hog? I guess meat is meat.
                To give you some comparison. I just had 2 whitetail bucks, one Axis buck and a 80lb hog get me 150lbs of meat. My processor is awesome. Crazy honest.

That’s what I was wondering too..
                This is a new group in an old location but under the same name as the first one. Every single dealing that I have had with them so far this year has had my red flag on full alert. From not having meat ready when it was supposed to be to not being there when they were supposed to be open. Now this meat shortage. I’m done with this place. Will be taking my meat to Gormans meat market in Terrell from now on... open 7 days a week and has a very good reputation from the locals!

Comment

Where did you go?

Comment

That is BS

Comment

ewedscra

Comment

Sounds like uve been had!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                          Where did you go?

J&S processing in Fairfield Tx

Comment

I killed these 2 hogs a few months ago. The big one weighed 217 and the little one weighed about 50 probably. I got 86# of breakfast sausage back from these 2. So yea I would say you got got.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7606.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	24563759

Comment

Sounds like someone cooked a big breakfast at your expense.
                              Could have been worse, like picking up your meat from a 867# heifer you've gotten processed, 28 days after dropping off and the meat is dripping blood from the packaging.
                              J&S ****** me off too.

Comment

Sounds like you maybe only got the meat from 1 hog....

Comment

Working...
                                X