No announcement yet.

Processing question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in Fairfield and will not take any animals to J & S. This place has flip flopped different operators for the past few years. To bad Danny quit processing deer at Robs in town.

Comment

You got hosed on that deal. I would have made way more sausage out of that using 100% pork.

Comment

Did you only get sausage or did you get other cuts as well?

Comment

Yep I’ve figured out that they ripped me off just not sure why and how they think that’s going to be good for business?
          I took the 2 hogs in 2-3 weeks apart so I got the meat at different times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All made into Sausage only on the first one (small one) and supposed to have blackstrap saved on the second one (big one)

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
              I live in Fairfield and will not take any animals to J & S. This place has flip flopped different operators for the past few years. To bad Danny quit processing deer at Robs in town.

True...
              What others processors besides JS are there in Fairfield area that are worth going to?

Comment

Well the follow up report...
                Went to pick up the “20” # of pan sausage and the deboned sliced and tenderized backstrap from J&S processor today. After looking for 15 minutes they brought out a small box with 17 various sized packages of sausage and no backstrap. They claimed they could not find the backstrap anywhere as they had to move meat from one freezer to another due to a freezer died. The offered to replace it with “store bought” pork chops but even that was shorted by a good bit. Supposedly they will call me if they find out backstraps and I can have them free? We shall see but I’m done with this group. I don’t even trust them with any meat now, it could be last years road kill for all I know.
                My suspicion is that they lumped all the sausage taken in for the week into one lot and divided it up by number of customers with that order! Each one got the same 20# I feel like.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND J&S PROCESSORS IN FAIRCIELD TEXAS TO TAKE YOUR HARVEST TO FOR PROCESSING!

PEACE OUT!

Comment

Good luck getting a call. Good thing your not a fire bug!

Comment

Do you feel it is past the point of talking to them and giving a chance to make it right? If so. Do what you have to do in this day and age.
                    If you are on google...Put them on blast with a review. Park outside their location, have your locations on with your phone. The map locator will ask you for a review. Type away!

Comment

They have a FaceBook page with a few good reviews. If you are not happy you should let them know. We can't help you.

Comment

Time to get a scale and weigh them before you drop them off. $25 at Academy..

Then a grinder and do it yourself. Very rewarding and easy to do it yourself

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                          Good luck getting a call. Good thing your not a fire bug!

Thanks and yep that’s true!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                            Do you feel it is past the point of talking to them and giving a chance to make it right? If so. Do what you have to do in this day and age.

If you are on google...Put them on blast with a review. Park outside their location, have your locations on with your phone. The map locator will ask you for a review. Type away!

I think so since the peeps that are normally there have two left hands and are almost clueless to anything or everything! If I was this business owner I would be appalled at how it is being run!
                            I think they will run themselves out of business sooner or later like last time? I’ll probably just say my piece here to those that responded to this thread and not worry about the rest of the world just yet but may have to call them out if it gets really out of hand...
                            Thanks tho!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              They have a FaceBook page with a few good reviews. If you are not happy you should let them know. We can't help you.

Burner, what do you mean y’all can’t help me??? That’s what this group is for is to ask advise and to get opinions on things. I got both and y’all have been a big help, as usual...
                              This will sort itself out on its own but will do it without me and hopefully those that have seen this will go in with eyes open at least!
                              Thanks!

Comment

PM inbound

Comment

Working...
                                X