No announcement yet.

$53K fine levied for the 278" Texas buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we are in confessional, ( not that I have ever hid it ) and want everyone to know how terrible a person I am ( so they feel better about themselves ), the only ticket I can recall.was for no fishing license, I had one but was not in posession of it at the time. It was dismissed when I submitted it to the court.

This part will get some REAL excited. When I was young we ( may or not allegedly ) used to hunt whatever we came across regardless of season. Without regard to available light. We kept what we killed and didnt kill excessively ( actually was never very sucessful ). Since growing up ( allegedly for last 25+yrs ) I follow all game laws strictly. As such, I believe game laws should be enforced and that I ( allegedly ) was wrong, though I do not feel guilty about it oddly enough.

Comment

I’m pretty sure I killed 100 thousand Redbirds, blackbirds, robins, and the occasional starling as well and squirrels year round with a Benjamin .177 air rifle when I was very young. Whew...been holding that in for years and glad I finally got it off my chest.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
        This part will get some REAL excited. When I was young we ( may or not allegedly ) used to hunt whatever we came across regardless of season. Without regard to available light. We kept what we killed and didnt kill excessively ( actually was never very sucessful ). Since growing up ( allegedly for last 25+yrs ) I follow all game laws strictly. As such, I believe game laws should be enforced and that I ( allegedly ) was wrong, though I do not feel guilty about it oddly enough.
        Hehehe, I think a bunch of us probably fit in that boat.

Comment

Originally posted by bobby314 View Post
          These threads are so interesting to see different folk's opinion. And then when they get whacked, I feel like my vcr ate my vhs mid-movie.

Oh man I remember that feeling

Comment

I intentionally lined up and killed two Toms with one shot when I only had one tag...... man, I'm a POS!!!

If that was the worst thing I've ever done I'd consider myself lucky

Live and learn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Only ticket i Recieved from a warden was a loaded weapon in the truck on ft hood. Went one morning to look for a buck my brother shot the night before and figured I’d try to shoot some ducks while waiting for day light. Never seen any. Put the shot gun back in the truck and never unloaded it. Did find my brothers 130” 8 point though!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                I’m pretty sure I killed 100 thousand Redbirds, blackbirds, robins, and the occasional starling as well and squirrels year round with a Benjamin .177 air rifle when I was very young. Whew...been holding that in for years and glad I finally got it off my chest.
                Maybe you're my long lost brother. Don't leave out all the ribbon snakes, bull frogs, possums, rats, and grasshoppers...

Comment

I got a ticket from the GW because the hull id on my boat wasn’t contrasting colors.
                  Admittedly I just paid the ticket and never changed the numbers.
                  Been stopped and checked for fishing lic and safety equipment multiple times since then.
                  No mention of contrasting colors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

geez, make it stop

Comment

I was one of the guy's that took up for him.He got greedy,and kharma bit him in the ***.He'll pay dearly,forever.
                      I've known some pretty bad hombre's in my life..He ain't one of 'em..He'll regret this worse than anything else in his lifetime..I'd bet a whole bunch of you boy's wish that was the worst thing you've done,"morally"..****,I wish that was the worst thing I've ever done morally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Regular7 View Post
                        He can can come to my campfire too, just not the one where I hunt lol
                        I got a good chuckle out of this

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                          I intentionally lined up and killed two Toms with one shot when I only had one tag...... man, I'm a POS!!!

If that was the worst thing I've ever done I'd consider myself lucky

Live and learn

Not so quick to let yourself off the hook, there, Uncle Saggy. i seem to remember you carving an illegal saltwater lure!

Comment

Rarely come on here anymore - I did and read this thread - thanks for reminding my why I quit coming here - what a mess

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                              Rarely come on here anymore - I did and read this thread - thanks for reminding my why I quit coming here - what a mess
                              Come back when you can't stay so long

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                                Not so quick to let yourself off the hook, there, Uncle Saggy. i seem to remember you carving an illegal saltwater lure!

[emoji102]

Oh boy![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X