bleaching a skull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sika View Post
    I prefer the cream because it’s easy to paint on, easy to avoid getting it on the antlers and seems less wasteful. Idk, maybe I’m just doing it wrong.

I agree with you 100%. I prefer the creme over liquid myself. Its just easy to work with and I was getting several heads out of a bottle.

Comment

Completely agree with the Volume 40 peroxide. The only difference I do from what most are commenting, is that I put the skull in a plastic shoe box you can get at the dollar store. Poor the gallon of peroxide over it and let it soak for about 24-36hrs. Pull it out, rinse it off and let it dry in the sun. Make sure you wrap and tape the bases of the antlers so you don't mess up the color of the antlers. Works every time.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, not sure why the post rotated the pics and I can't figure out how to rotate them back.

Comment

Am I the only one who just boils and cleans the skull then paints with white paint?

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
            How much do you have to use to cover a skull? Seems like it would take a lot.
            Depends on how many I am doing at a time I did 6 rams and 2 deer two weeks ago and uses 2.5 gal of 3% for all of them

Comment

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
              Am I the only one who just boils and cleans the skull then paints with white paint?

yes...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                yes...
                Lol

Comment

Wear rubber gloves when applying . Don’t ask me how I know.

Comment

So once you apply this Volume 40 stuff is there anything that needs to be done? I covered 3 skulls yesterday afternoon, then loosely wrapped them in plastic Walmart bags, and if it’s made an ounce of difference I can’t say.

Comment

Tagged for later. Good 8nfo on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                        So once you apply this Volume 40 stuff is there anything that needs to be done? I covered 3 skulls yesterday afternoon, then loosely wrapped them in plastic Walmart bags, and if it’s made an ounce of difference I can’t say.

Re-apply and put them in the house or sun when we get it.....the warmer the better.

The peroxide works better in heat than cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Re-apply and put them in the house or sun when we get it.....the warmer the better.

The peroxide works better in heat than cold.
                          I was starting to suspect that might be the case. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                          X