Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all take his bait every time he puts it in the water. Never fails.

Comment

Originally posted by JVasquez View Post

Nothing wrong with getting giddy over a top recruiting class.
      There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting giddy over a class, but you can't treat them as matter of fact. The truth is, 1/2 of these kids will never start or be a significant contributor to your team. There is no question I want the Texas class ranked as high as possible though. The numbers don't lie when it comes to the best teams and their recruiting class rank.

I have always taken the stance, if I am going to roll the dice on kids give me big guys vs skill guys. I can go find skill guys every year to plug and play them. Big guys need the time to develop their bodies and get worked into the system.

One thing I have noticed with Herman's approach is they recruit to a player profile that fits into their system. They have a matrix of what they want the roster to look like not only this year, but 4 years out. They are tweaking the classes to fit into that matrix with guys that fit the profile they need. It seems to be a more systematic approach then just taking the guy rated the highest. Don't get me wrong, the guy ranked the highest is usually the one they want and will fit into their plan. I just feel they have a well thought out plan they execute. I am sure other schools have the same approach, but learning about Herman's system is the first time I have head a coach talk about their approach in that way.

Comment

Originally posted by JVasquez View Post
        Gonna be some good games.
        Looks like three games that will be fiddy point blow outs to me.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
          I agree. I’ve seen both play in person and throwing the ball just comes more natural to Starkel. Mond has had some truly awesome and dynamic moments but those are too far and few between for me.
          From the outside looking in, A&M OL was not very good in pass pro so Jimbo elected to go with the more mobile QB in Mond to offset the OL play.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
            From the outside looking in, A&M OL was not very good in pass pro so Jimbo elected to go with the more mobile QB in Mond to offset the OL play.
            I agree with you. The Clemson game proved that true. I still think some minor adjustments could have been made to the playbook to actuate Starkel’s strengths if Jimbo has wanted to go that route. But, Starkel may have an issue seeing blitz packages and/or something of that nature that someone like you or I will never seen without watching film and knowing protection schemes. A more passing heavy scheme is a better fit for starkel bc those “outs” if you will are built in to the play design.

Comment

There’s some truth to this. But by the end of the season the OL was much improved, both run and pass. We pushed some people around in ways we haven’t really done since our move to the SEC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                There’s some truth to this. But by the end of the season the OL was much improved, both run and pass. We pushed some people around in ways we haven’t really done since our move to the SEC.

I saw that too. I was impressed with how physical A&M was on both sides of the line in SEC play especially the DL.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  I LOL'D at his comment. Way too much stock being put into kids that haven't graduated high school yet. Them Aggies get way too giddy over recruiting classes. It's all speculation at this point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This may be worth a search in TBH.

Comment

Mond had plenty time, he held onto the ball too long at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      I LOL'D at his comment. Way too much stock being put into kids that haven't graduated high school yet. Them Aggies get way too giddy over recruiting classes. It's all speculation at this point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lmao!!! This is pure gold!

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                        These sips. We heard about it ad nauseam last year when they had a good class and got some good in-state talent. Now that their time is over, recruiting is speculation and nothing to get excited about. Hilarious.
                        Lol gotta love it

Comment

[emoji106]

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Sorry, hit the wrong button!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

2018/19 College Football Pre-Bowl Season

Whittington is a bad dude! This 4A title game is a good one.

Texas commit Jordan Whittington in the 1st half:

7 carries
                              190 yards
                              2 TD
                              26-yard receiving TD as time expired in first half

8 tackles at safety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                Whittington is a bad dude! This 4A title game is a good one.

Texas commit Jordan Whittington in the 1st half:

7 carries
                                190 yards
                                2 TD
                                26-yard receiving TD as time expired in first half

8 tackles at safety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They robbed him on the first TD catch so he said hold my beer watch this!
                                Absolute STUD!!! My niece is a senior with him in Cuero and for the times I have talked to him he seems to be an even better person than he is a ball player! Wish he was an Aggie but glad he stayed in state to play for the longhorns! I’m also told that he is a straight A student.

Comment

Working...
                                X