We Land On Mars at 1pmCT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I won't clog up the thread arguing each point, because it is very cool that they were able to do what they did.

But I'd still argue there are far more realistic benefits that could be realized with all that $$.

In no particular order: Improving our public education system at ground level, better compensating our servicemen and women, better equiping our military to avoid PTSD, helping our military deal with existing PTSD, cancer research, cancer fighting equipment, and a myriad of other more worthy causes.

Carry on.

Stop paying people for the rest of their lives for pretending to have ailments they dont and PTSD cases would decrease by 2/3rds. Goes for 2/3rds of all VA claims. There, fixed it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dale is wrong again..thats like the 4th time! Way better batting average than mine

Comment

What a monumental waste of money and and resources...
        But it's ok to pay athletes millions of dollars a year to run around in tight pants and play with balls.
        That's a waste of a lot of money

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
          But it's ok to pay athletes millions of dollars a year to run around in tight pants and play with balls.
          That's a waste of a lot of money

That's not my money! Not even close to a reasonable comparison.

Comment

I won't clog up the thread arguing each point, because it is very cool that they were able to do what they did.

But I'd still argue there are far more realistic benefits that could be realized with all that $$.

In no particular order: Improving our public education system at ground level, better compensating our servicemen and women, better equiping our military to avoid PTSD, helping our military deal with existing PTSD, cancer research, cancer fighting equipment, and a myriad of other more worthy causes.

Carry on.
            That's what political parties vote on. Blame the expenses blown to those in office - FEDERAL AND LOCAL LEVEL.

And considering I've worked 20 years in Federal Funding systems - Retired Law Enforcement entity - US Coast Guard, the monies allocated from the trillions taken in, are earmarked to various agencies. The Agencies you mentioned above, devoted to each INDIVIDUAL FUNDING ELEMENT of OUR MONEY - Is under the direct control and management of folks elected and or elected in office who then appointed those, who are charged with managing these monies, under the various branches of Government - RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CONCERNS.

When we think government and TAXPAYER MONIES, you can't lump it all into one collective bucket. Each branch of service must fight and budget - with a track record of return - for the funds they are allocated each fiscal year. Now let's just say POLITICS plays a huge role in how effective THAT SYSTEM is governed. And we all know how F-UP the system is - hence the importance of voting and supporting those who believe in acute FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY with LIMITED GOVERNMENT.

Each branch of Government is an INDIVIDUAL COMPANY - From our perspective - THE PRIVATE SECTOR.

Government funded Science - that delivers results - all things NASA and RELATED - has greatly assisted our military. Let's just say this mission may already have PTSD under it's charge? What's to say we use robots and unmanned aerospace - Space Force technologies - that eliminate the HUMAN ELEMENT - and greatly leverages ROBOTICS to remove - the human from the battlefield?

Setting up a COMMUNICATIONS KIOSK ON MARS - Makes sense if, you want to have a remote location NO ONE CAN TOUCH - that can execute remote commands to robotics?

And these ROBOTICS, are manless charged heavy lift aircraft (unmanned) flying and dropping thousands of ROBOT SOLDIERS - all of them driven and supported by remote commands from a Station located on MARS. A Command Control computer - that can execute TOTAL ANNIHILATION Command and Control code to this robot military force - from a location the Enemy can't DESTROY?

I don't think your following me Dale but that's OK.........I've lived some of it and have seen it's results. Answering your questions with NOW....isn't thinking ahead 30 - 50 years.

Dale - All missions approved INTO SPACES by the USA has TIES TO THE US MILITARY!

I guess you missed the Trump memo - 6th Military Branch - SPACEFORCE?

Let's just say - this isn't a mission without some Science involved - that relates to something we need to continue DOMINANCE IN THE WORLD.

I will step off my SOAPBOX. Apollo Missions - all of them - were building blocks of where we are today with WORLD-WIDE DOMINATION. I lived it and lived among a few men, who are buried now, that were tied to SATCOM and NASA.

Each mission was done - with a KEEN EMPHASIS on US DEFENSE/OFFENSE and FUTURE MILITARY PLATFORMS.

Welcome to 2018 - MILITARILY - From those who served NASA in the 50s - 70s.

Rob OUT!
            Last edited by AtTheWall; 11-26-2018, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Lead the race! Only country to walk on the moon and who else can land on Mars? Winners!

Comment

We Land On Mars at 1pmCT

Some of you naysayers need to read a little more science fiction. Space is something this country does well. I’m really excited about bringing the privatization of the space race into being and what that does to day to day life. Free market thinking at a whole new level.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                  Some of you naysayers need to read a little more science fiction. Space is something this country does well. I’m really excited about bringing the privatization of the space race into being and what that does to day to day life. Free market thinking at a whole new level.

Fiction being the key word. I'm all for the private sector funding space exploration.

I understand what you're saying Roberto. The money to be made can be made privately by those with the sense to do this efficiently, and effectively. There's no need giving the government another avenue to cultivate corruption and idiocy, inflating the costs and ****ing up the whole process in general. If the government wasn't involved we'd be hunting space deer on Venus by now.

Bragging to China about putting our toy on Mars is like a broke person bragging to his banker about the new Ferrari he's making payments to the bank on.

Comment

Should have spent part of it on a wall.

Comment

I was very disappointed in the TV coverage of this. A 2 minute segment, then back to dividing the country again. Anything good to check out on the web?

Comment

Fiction being the key word. I'm all for the private sector funding space exploration.

I understand what you're saying Roberto. The money to be made can be made privately by those with the sense to do this efficiently, and effectively. There's no need giving the government another avenue to cultivate corruption and idiocy, inflating the costs and ****ing up the whole process in general. If the government wasn't involved we'd be hunting space deer on Venus by now.

Bragging to China about putting our toy on Mars is like a broke person bragging to his banker about the new Ferrari he's making payments to the bank on.

There's one aspect that will always limit PRIVATE INDUSTRY's 100% involvement in advanced Space Exploration engineering - CLASSIFIED MATERIAL SYSTEMS.

There are some levels of Security Access, only the US Military has access to. The Political faces of both parties - do not have this access. And many contractors that deal with DOD contracts, do not have this access. That access level is called SCI - Sensitive Compartmented Information - only managed by the Director of National Intelligence.

And there is a small subset number of Agencies, all Government controlled and managed, with SCI access.

This is where the PUBLIC SECTOR will never have access. So once we start moving into a SPACEFORCE posture - tied to a US MILITARY Mission, SCI will come into play negating top down access to Private only Space/Technology projects, via PRIVATE - NON-GOVN entities.

The US Government will always need to be engaged and heavily involved due to the Highly Classified nature of many facets of advanced engineering within these programs.

This is the reason why it has to be tied to the US GOVN in some capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          I was very disappointed in the TV coverage of this. A 2 minute segment, then back to dividing the country again. Anything good to check out on the web?
                          There was a period in America, where the country got behind Missions like this. This was an era where the MEDIA, wasn't driven by Political Rancor Ratings.

I thought about this same deal yesterday Randy. And I honestly feel this country is really going down the wrong path right now. There's a whole hella lot of positive being done that isn't being reported by the CURRENT media outlets. They are so involved with the Political BS US vs THEM negative narrative, that their cancer is spreading hate and division only.

And just to think, the group of us who remember those better days, are shrinking in size. Many now, have no clue about Bill Clinton's presidency much less the years prior to that.

Sucks...but it is what it is.

Comment

Meh - I coulda done a lot better with all that money.

Comment

Psshh... everyone knows space is fake and the earth is flat.

Shills...

Comment

That's not my money! Not even close to a reasonable comparison.

It's still money that could be spent on alot more important things.

Comment

Working...
                                X