No announcement yet.

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooper, sorry to hear about your company. It's tough for the smaller companies right now; I'm wondering how much longer we are gonna make it. Oil gives and oil takes back. Best of luck man.

On a lighter note, who is ready for deer season? When does it start in yalls area? In 86 days, 20 hours, 33 minutes, and 45 seconds I will be in my stand!

Comment

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Sorry about the job. Get every name and phone number of people you know from companies who sell to or buy from your current company. Make a list and your new job is to meet each for coffee, lunch or a beer to pick their brains on job openings. Work your network- it's amazing how many people will help if you ask.

Sat 7/11 at 5:26am. Less than 72 hours. Earliest archery deer season in the US. Good news is general season closes about a month before the duck opener to get ready for the next addiction.
      Last edited by Bill; 07-08-2015, 07:49 AM.

Comment

^^^Lucky!!!! I need to come chase some black tails!

Comment

Sitting here waiting on the chiropractor, meds helped but still not 100%. Took down a small windmill yesterday and let the tractor do all the heavy lifting

Comment

Bill...good luck and best of skill.

Russ...hope chiropractor gets you unkinked and straightens out your nodes.

Ive got a predator eating some of my chicks. Not sure if coon, cat or owl. Happening at dusk. Gonna need to enlist tools from the other side of the ranch. Before supper, had 10 chicks. After supper, went to put chicks in coop and only found 9. Sneaky sneaky hunter. Im taking notes.

Last year I saw a redtailed hawk, on foot, chasing my chickens around the chicken run. Craziest thing was, it had one good foot and one club foot callused from a clamp trap. He was still an effective hunter and killer. Fresh meat is deliciously motivating.

Comment

Chuck Norris exponentially multiplies inside prions and straightens them out.

Chuck Norris is hereby notified to the erroneousness of CWD and commissioned to execute whatever awesomeness deemed necessary to abolish its haneousness.

Comment

Back is feeling much better, chiropractor is more sports medicine but like he said; ranching is a full contact sport

Gotta go back one possibly two more visits and I think I'll be good. Last night was first night I needed ibuprofen to sleep but baled 80 round bales but was on the little tractor.

I broke out our 4430 to rake today, like a Tennessee walking horse

Comment

Sitting here visiting with kinfolk at wife's family reunion. Enjoying the view of Lake Conroe from Seven Coves. Lining up to be an epic weekend.

Comment

Been a great day with about 150 kinfolk catered lunch from Italianos and 5 1/2 gallons of homemade ice cream. Diets don't stand a chance at our reunions.

Comment

Over did it tonight, great supper at Monument Inn, then got stupid and put a DQ blizzard on top of that. Montezuma came calling and it ain't fun.

Comment

Tmag....I feel my heart slowing down and my gut swellin up just thinking of all that grub. Did they have to roll you back home?

Russ...that is a sweet looking hay field. Looks like a good place to bag some meat too.

This weekend, worked on fencing in new 2acre chicken run for breeding meat birds. Got'em corralled. Drove 65 posts in 3-4 hours with a power driver...super sweet. Plan A....I was hoping the birds would eat the grasshoppers thatve been eating my establishing peach trees but they didnt do any hunting... except my favorite killer hen, Cutie. She gave up after 30 min. Maybe too hot. Plan B...I ended up resorting to applying carbaryl and bifenthrin to the trees. Dang thing is, the grasshoppers arent eating the leaves....theyre eating the bark. I doused them good. We'll see if the chickens decide to become effective....and die....well eventually one way or another.

Comment

I think we narrowed it down to the gumbo I had, everyone else had the fisherman's platter. My yesterday consisted of 6 immodeum tablets, 2 sprites, and a grilled cheese sammich with a glass of tea around 6pm. I was in bed asleep by 7pm. Feeling a lot better this morning.

Comment

Just saw this thread. Glad to see so many keeping it going. As for building up the flame, We were flooded out on May 11 from our home near Richland Chambers lake, been trying to figure out what to do since, as of this week we have a contract on a little place near Powell. House will need some finish out work, but what a blessing to maybe have a home again. My kids, wife, and I are not town people we loved the place we had away from the revolving world. Hopefully this will be the next hideaway.

Comment

Son and his family had to move back in a couple of weeks ago. Another bump in the road for us, but we'll get over it like we have many others. Boy just can't catch a break.

Comment

New "PC" Dukes of Hazard show coming soon!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                                I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Working...
                                X