The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
    I heard he started a adult shooting camp, I'm gonna have to make one some day.
    Said he had 4 camps coming up after our camp. Had a great time just relaxing and enjoying the outdoors while the younger bunch beat themselves up playing volleyball. There was some fierce horseshoe and domino competition as well as some arrow slingers doing some fine tuning before season starts. Food was great and the chapel services were tremendous, nothing like 100+ men worshiping our God together.

Comment

I believe its getting to be the season for sleeping with the windows open. Hooray for September cold fronts!

Comment

The greatness that was yesterday took a bod turn around 5pm when a good friend of mine had a bad wreck on his bike. Not sure how it happened, he was about a mile from home returning from work and wrecked out. He has a broken arm, a little internal bleeding, a knot on his head(thank God for helmets), a black eye, and a cut on his cheek. Possible broken ribs and cheek bone, will know more today. They are monitoring him in ICU and have him on a breathing machine for precaution. Praying for a mighty touch of healing from Our God.

Comment

Update, the cheekbone and ribs are broken as well. Fixing to go see if they'll let me visit with him.

Comment

Buddy is coming around now, starting to feel the pain from the accident and wanting out of the bed. Told him to settle down or they would tie him to the bed.

Some great news, my boss picked up a deer lease in New Waverly today about 20 minutes from the office. Also has an 8 acre lake on it. Looks like I may get to do a little hunting after all.

Comment

Finally headed home. Haven't seen the family since Saturday before last. Spent the night in centerville after getting back from New Mexico at 2 am. Not looking forward to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Finally headed home. Haven't seen the family since Saturday before last. Spent the night in centerville after getting back from New Mexico at 2 am. Not looking forward to work.
                Welcome back Chew!

Comment

Got the hat that was supposed to be worn at thewedding yesterday, it's a pretty sharp lid even if it's not going to be used for that purpose now

Comment

Finally got to fill a tag! 6'8" but about half a cord of oak limb it wrapped around made it feel bigger!

Comment

Nice hat, and a nice gator too. Good to see you smiling, all good in da hood!

Just got an update on my buddy Jimmy, he laid his bike down a week ago Sunday and got beat up pretty bad. Not sure if an animal ran out in front of him or what, folks in the neighborhood said they heard a dog yelp just before hearing the bike crash. He's been in the hospital 9 days now and is almost ready to go home. God is good, all the damage they said he had on the front end seems to have gone away or gotten better. End result was bruised arm, small fracture on his cheek, a couple cracked ribs, along with some other bumps and bruises. The head trauma was about the worst, kept him disoriented for several days and still not completely clear. Thank God he was wearing his helmet!

Comment

Happy heavenly birthday Deb.
                        You are missed but not forgotten.

Comment

Pulled the starter off my tractor yesterday evening, only took an hour and a half. Not sure why you have to disassemble so much stuff to get to one bolt but my hand suffered a beating working on the confined space. Old people bruising and the little scratches bled like a stuck hog.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	24405030

Comment

Dang Tim you need to get into grandson supervising, lots easier on the hands!

Work is wearing me out, 7/12's are not berry berry fun O_o

Comment

Russ...Great gator! Are you gonna eat that rascal? If so...what part are you gonna eat and how are you gonna cook it up?

Comment

Mondays are my weekly day to check vacant properties for leaks and make sure nobody tampered with my a/c settings and left my properties unsecured. Well...Monday I found several leaks at some vacant rentals. Normal leaks appear inmplaces like incoming water line joints where the glue pops after so many years, leaky toilet flapper valves, ice maker valves, toilet fill valves. Weve a house in Taylor that in our first year of ownership the yard line busted 3 times at different joints....at street, at house, and midway joint...house sits on Houston Black Clay...state soil of Texas...great for cotton...not so great on concrete slabs, water lines, or sewer lines.

First I watch the meter. Leander house, meter was moving and no water running in house or outside.. Next saw a big swamp in the side yard and knew the a/c condensation line dumped into the hallbath sink drain pipes. I watched the toilets water and no movement. Deduction...water line bust. Ive ferreted many busted line. I dug and found it....leak was at the incoming water line joint. I thought it was mine....halfway between neighbors house and mine. I got it to squirt, shut my water off...no squirt, water on...squirt, water off...no squirt. I had previously watched the neighbors meter...regular use spin....then itd stop and no movement. After I shut meter off off and had hole dug...I noticed their meter was creeping. I went and visited with the neighbor to warn them of hole and their potential leak. I kept mine off to let the hole dry. Came back yesterday....hole was full of water. Okay ..l.maybe the house water drained out of house and into hole. I hand pumped water out and looked at joint...squirting...and my water was off....say whuh? Turned off neighbors water with their permission, squirt stopped. I had found the neighbors leak and dug them a free hole.

So...where is my leak? My meter is moving and cabinets and valves are dry. My hearing sucks...tinitus. My worker heard noises coming from the hall toilet even though the water wasnt moving. I popped the top to the Korkie fill valve and sure enough the internal bladder was peeing inside the fill valve housing and slowly seeping into toilet. I blew out the fill valve to remove any debris that sometime causes the fill valve diaphragms to physically stay lodged open....(did this last week on two toilets less than year old....pencil lead size stones lodged in fill valve...often caused when meter valves are changed or water line repairs...soil is ninja)...no go...still squirting. Solution: Ill go back and change the fill valve.

Hooray! I dont have a yard line bust! Neighbor has a free hole dug for them and I advised him on repairs. Neighbor tried to pay me...I told him "No. I had to make sure it wasnt my busted yard line. Hook me up with a cold Dr Pepper sometime. We try to be good neighbors. Its what we do."
                                Last edited by Briar Friar; 09-23-2015, 09:03 AM. Reason: Misspake and misspell

Comment

Working...
                                X