No announcement yet.

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of a bittersweet opener for me. I made a promise to Jen that I wasn't going to head SW of Dallas until our little one got here. I went jogging Saturday morning and got to watch the sunrise while I ran. I thought of John and I prayed for Devin. I remember opening weekend last year without John, I sat in his blind and cried 3 straight hunts. I think of you everyday Devin, as you said in your post, Blaine is right there with you.

Jen got a good report from her Doctor yesterday, she is now dialated to 2 cm, but no contractions or action yet. Her Doctor scheduled her for another visit next Monday, assuming that labor has not happened. If it has not happened by next Monday, he will induce labor. So sometime in the next 10 days or so, Jackson Dwight will make his grand entrance into this world, and I'll have 3 boys!!! This is gonna be a crazy ride raising all those boys...

Comment

At least with 3 boys you won't have to build extra bathrooms!

Congrats to you and Jen on a great family.

Comment

After having an encounter with the buck I am after four hunts in a row, I have now been flat skunked four hunts in a row. I sure hope he moves back to his original location soon. I think that's where I stand the best chances of taking him. Who would have thunk it would be easier getting in range of the deer at the furthest blind from the house, then darn near impossible when he feeds literally 75 yards from where I sleep!

Comment

Shooting commercials takes forever! 11:45 and I still have't done my part... Ouch!

Comment

We are still 5 weeks away from deer season down here in Mexico.. but I'm TOO anxious I can't even sleep... thanks everybody for sharing ya'lls experience on the early Texas' Archery Season! Good luck!!

Comment

Tomorrow is dark of the moon and the start of our Deer & Beer weekend in Fayette County. It'll be my oldest son, BIL and myself. Small crowd for sure but we should get venison, possibly the big 13 pt'r and have a fun time.

Good luck to all this weekend.

Comment

I've got a truck load of stuff to deliver 30 miles from the deer lease Friday. I should get there in time to hang the Gorilla hang-on that I just dug out of dad's barn.....and hopefully move the tripod-POD. It's a little early probly, but the acorns have me shifting gears a little. I think I may hunt Sun afternoon and go to work from deer camp Monday.

Yall go get'em!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  I've got a truck load of stuff to deliver 30 miles from the deer lease Friday. I should get there in time to hang the Gorilla hang-on that I just dug out of dad's barn.....and hopefully move the tripod-POD. It's a little early probly, but the acorns have me shifting gears a little. I think I may hunt Sun afternoon and go to work from deer camp Monday.

Yall go get'em!
                  Good luck Dale!

Sandra

Comment

my head is spinning...trying to get organized for the berger trip tomorrow & the company I rep in mex offered me a full time position this morning. We have been going back & forth but am confident we can work something out. I have to give an answer by Monday.

So now I'm walking around in circles and can't focus due to busy-brain. Not sure if i should laugh or cry. I may be a bit flakey this weekend...

Comment

Just stuck a rage in a pig! Haven't got down yet but the shot felt/looked good! Not the doe I was hoping for but at least I'm flinging arrows!

Comment

Just got skunked again for the 6th straight hunt. Putting myself on deer isn't too difficult out here, but this certain deer is just flat eluding me. I put up a new blind today to try to get a little closer to him, and plan on hunting it in the morning. It's not in the area he's been in the last three days, but it's in the area he was in when I was still having encounters with him. During my pre-season scouting I found him to only hang around the area he's in now for about 2-4 days, and we're now on day three. If he moves back to his normal area tonight, I feel confident I'll have him on the ground in the morning. I'm at the point now where I'm dependent on him going back to where I originally had him patterned, as I hate to waste too much time where I'm at now to only have him pack up and head out over night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Yall go get'em!
                          Sounds like a plan, good luck!

Comment

New Tat Shop!

Cleveland is trying to catch up to the modern world pretty quickly it seems. A new tattoo shop went in last month and then 2 days ago I glimpse another one going in. Didn't think much about it until the caught my attention yesterday. I thought it said something about Redneck so I had to get a closer look tonight. I am here to tell you Cleveland has finally arrived. The newest Tat shop is named "Redneck House of Pain Tattoo Shop."

Comment

Testing my new Tapatalk app. Hope it works! This is my 9 point from Williamson County @ our Ranch, opening morning 2008.

Comment

Got chemo treatment number 4 in a couple hours.

Just seasoned up 15 lbs of deer jerky to marinate for 24 hrs.

This batch is mesquite blend, cracked pepper & garlic, and my custom spicy blend with cayenne, chili pepper, plack pepper, garlic powder, and steak sauce. Can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X