The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tmag592 View Post
    I can deal with the a/c but the reefer is a different story. We need to make a database of good mechanic shops across the country and share the info.
    Well, add the Carrier/Utility service dealer in Seattle to the list of the good ones. We originally suspected before we sent it to the shop that it was the fan clutch seized, and upon initial inspection, that was verified by the shop. I got an estimate of $440 for the part and 2 hours labor @ $100/hr.

Two hours later, I got a call back with an invoice of $215.13. After they tore it down, they found that the bolts had sheared, but the clutch was still ok. It would have been real easy for them to replace that clutch (we've had problems with them on most of our reefer units) and charge us $650+. Kudos to them for their honesty.

I hope your new gig is going well!

Michael
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

BTW, I've managed to defer my trip to FW for at least another day! Sweet!
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
        Checking in. Up feeding my 6 day old son. He's drooling on my shoulder now. That's my boy.
        that's awesome

glad to see things humming along nicely on the GS this AM

Comment

Having lunch with a longtime TBH buddy that I've never met in person. Looking forward to it Rsatt!

Comment

Dang it Bobby U cheatin on me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Mornin' fellas. I feel a good day coming on.

Met my goal of losing 50# in 16 weeks. On 15 January, I was at a duece and a half, this morning and even 200#. LOVIN' the way I feel!

One and a wake-up and my bride and I are off. I bet you guys are tired of my count down but we sure are excited!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Having lunch with a longtime TBH buddy that I've never met in person. Looking forward to it Rsatt!
                Two of my good friends! Enjoy the lunch fellas.

Comment

Morning to you all!! Been packing to move and i have no clue where all this stuff comes from!!! Looks like a few trips to the red box will be made!!

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
                    Checking in. Up feeding my 6 day old son. He's drooling on my shoulder now. That's my boy.
                    I remember those days...surfing TBH in the middle of the night while feeding a newborn. Good times!
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      Well, add the Carrier/Utility service dealer in Seattle to the list of the good ones. We originally suspected before we sent it to the shop that it was the fan clutch seized, and upon initial inspection, that was verified by the shop. I got an estimate of $440 for the part and 2 hours labor @ $100/hr.

Two hours later, I got a call back with an invoice of $215.13. After they tore it down, they found that the bolts had sheared, but the clutch was still ok. It would have been real easy for them to replace that clutch (we've had problems with them on most of our reefer units) and charge us $650+. Kudos to them for their honesty.

I hope your new gig is going well!

Michael
                      Add Volvo Mack of Waco to the good guy list, they did us a solid last month when we grenaded the turbo on the bulldog down that way.

Comment

Back in the saddle today after a brief flu? event the last few days. Feels good to not have something draggin you down.

shankev, 50 lbs in 16 weeks is unbelievable man. Glad to hear it. I was 6'-2" and 253 in Feb 08 and have only lost 15 lbs..... obviously, I'm not putting it as a priority, LOL. Congratulations to you!
                        Last edited by Pablo; 05-19-2010, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shankev View Post

Met my goal of losing 50# in 16 weeks. On 15 January, I was at a duece and a half, this morning and even 200#. LOVIN' the way I feel!

One and a wake-up and my bride and I are off. I bet you guys are tired of my count down but we sure are excited!
                          BIG kudos to you, Kevin! Your committment and dedication is incredible! Enjoy your trip!
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            BIG kudos to you, Kevin! Your committment and dedication is incredible! Enjoy your trip!
                            Thank you amigo - much appreciated. Camera, mulitple cards, extra batteries, etc. already packed away. I hope to get some nice pics during our stay...thread forthcoming!

Comment

Headed back to the big city of Mart from Garland. Had to watch a machine get unloaded and make sure a great customer was happy with it. Y'all have a good rest of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by shankev View Post

Dang Kevin...you are getting plum skinny!

Hope you guys have a blast...looking forward to the pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X