The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-Bone View Post
    Just finished setting up all of the bow blinds. First time I've driven around and didn't have to battle the dust, it was nice!
    Sounds like a good time to change yer air filter on the Ford!
    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
      Sounds like a good time to change yer air filter on the Ford!
      It's one that you can warsh out. Warshed it out just last oil change!

Comment

Rainy day, hera.

Good time to cull my huntin box out and sharpen some knives.
        Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
        l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
        ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

its rainy??? wats the point of this thread

Comment

Just pulled my bow out for the first time since I shot my big boy, and first 3 arras went rite into the bulls eye.Had the bow since 2006 and have never sighted it in for more than 20 yards. Decided to sight it in tonight out to 50 in case one of the elk come meandering across the food plot whilst I'm bowhuntin. They ought not walk in front of me, as the first shot at 50 was dead center!

Comment

Thanks, Everyone.

Glad to see the rain,J.

Comment

Was trying to shoot s skeet tournament when this feller decided to steal the show in the rain...

Comment

That is a classic pic Steven.

Mornin' all...up too early for how late I stayed up last night...se la vie. Coffee is going in and Mason and I are heading to the Texans opening game against the Jets in a few hours. Gonna be a great day.

Comment

Saw my first hard horned deer of the year this morning here in LaSalle county. It was a very nice sit this morning with a slight North West wind and about 75 degrees.

Comment

Headed to Lubbock to board a plane for chicago. See yall sat.

Comment

Codeman and I knocked the dust off of our bows this afternoon. Both of us were bustin the bullseye.

Gonna put his 60# limbs on this week. Watchin him shoot was like watchin him shoot a kiddie bow. I bottomed his 50# limbs out and he said he couldnt tell any difference.

J~Bone is right. He should be shootin 70# at this point. My bad! A new bow may be in the future.

Both of our releases were needin a drop of oil.

Felt good to bend a string again. Been too long!
                        Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
                        l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                        ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Another good weekend in Shiner. Saturday did a little blind work (two new ground blinds being built for boys on our new piece of property), then off off to family reunion. Was an homemade ice cream party, as we had at least 8 different batches to sample. Not being one to hurt anyones feelings, I sampled four full bowls! Made it back to farm before dark. Cory and I took a short walk on our new lease and saw 12 deer!

Back to shop where we finished off the stands and drank a few stones.

Dad woke us up all this morning..loaded up the stands and set them out, using the 4020 John Deere to clear out some brush.

Cory took the first animal off the place, taking out a Armidello with a nice off handed shot at around 30 yards with dads 22!

Back home this evening to mow yard, help Haley with her English paper and throw some baseball with the boys.
                          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
                            Codeman and I knocked the dust off of our bows this afternoon. Both of us were bustin the bullseye.

Gonna put his 60# limbs on this week. Watchin him shoot was like watchin him shoot a kiddie bow. I bottomed his 50# limbs out and he said he couldnt tell any difference.

J~Bone is right. He should be shootin 70# at this point. My bad! A new bow may be in the future.

Both of our releases were needin a drop of oil.

Felt good to bend a string again. Been too long!
                            As strong as Cody is, he will take 60 pounds with no problem at all. I'd bet the increase in poundage will help his luck with recovery too. I'm seein a few chooters runnin around now, hope ya'll have plenty of sharp sticks!

Comment

Evening guys, still raining off and on here!

Comment

Good morning all! Great rest of the day to ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X