The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    The Fall is a crazy time of year for me with traveling to see all of my college program, college football trips, and hunting season. I have been on the road a lot lately and have the following coming up. Two days in Austin, Two days home, Head to West Texas to work accounts / schools for two days, FART for 3 days, Fly to Philly for sales meeting for 5 days, home for TX/OU weekend.
    Good to see ya post Heath. You still with L.S.?

How's the married life?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Wife had a slight breast cancer scare....but all is good.
      Yikes amigo...I bet that was spooky.

Hope ya'll celebrated!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        Good to see ya post Heath. You still with L.S.?

How's the married life?
        LS was bought out by Wilson Sporting Goods in Feb of 2015, so I now represent Louisville Slugger, Wilson, DeMarini, and ATEC brands. My sales territory got smaller as I no longer cover Oklahoma and I have about a 1/3 of Texas (Central, Fort Worth, West). Married life is awesome have a good run as a single man. Life is good.

Comment

Messed up today and learned a good lesson. Went to the lease and crawled on my tractor a little before 8 am, mowed and filled feeders all morning on 1 bottle of water. About noon I was loading cement blocks into my loader bucket and hooking up to my trailer blind when my energy level bottomed out. Climbed off the tractor and got a bottle of water and tried to recoup.
          Got back on my tractor and moved my feeder to a new spot then proceeded to rebuild my feeder pen, the heat and lack of hydration along with no breakfast knocked my tail down. Buddy that was with me made me go sit down while he finished wiring the panels up. Drank another water and headed for the trailer to load up, buddy had to chain my tractor down cause I was done.
          We went to Waverly House for lunch and I finally started feeling better, figured it was the sweet tea and groceries. Crazy thing was I had an ice chest full of water and not enough sense to stay hydrated. Lesson learned!

Comment

Gotta keep drinking water Tim, this humidity and heat been brutal.

Yesterday took the horse for a spin round the pastures. He did good but he still needs a tuning on some manners.

Picked up Girlfriend's trailer at the shop then took it to the yard at work for a aluma-brite wash. It's shining like a diamond in a goat's butt now!

Got it back to her place with a little help this evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
              Messed up today and learned a good lesson. Went to the lease and crawled on my tractor a little before 8 am, mowed and filled feeders all morning on 1 bottle of water. About noon I was loading cement blocks into my loader bucket and hooking up to my trailer blind when my energy level bottomed out. Climbed off the tractor and got a bottle of water and tried to recoup.

Got back on my tractor and moved my feeder to a new spot then proceeded to rebuild my feeder pen, the heat and lack of hydration along with no breakfast knocked my tail down. Buddy that was with me made me go sit down while he finished wiring the panels up. Drank another water and headed for the trailer to load up, buddy had to chain my tractor down cause I was done.

We went to Waverly House for lunch and I finally started feeling better, figured it was the sweet tea and groceries. Crazy thing was I had an ice chest full of water and not enough sense to stay hydrated. Lesson learned!

I got hot like that a couple weeks ago working cattle for 8 hrs. It was so dang hot and the humidity made it brutal. I usually start hydrating a few days before working cattle but didn't do that this time. I was gassed. Out of juice. No Bueno. I was pounding the waters all day too...just could not keep up with the amount of water I was losing through sweating. Although I was palpating all our cattle for pregnancy, it's not like working cattle is really hard work. Finally got some pickle juice, a couple gatorades, and some food in me and I was feeling better. After we got done, it was all I could do to shower and get horizontal without cramping up. I just laid there sipping Gatorade for 3 hours trying to relax the best I could as my hands, calves, feet were trying to lock up. It sucked. Lol.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                I got hot like that a couple weeks ago working cattle for 8 hrs. It was so dang hot and the humidity made it brutal. I usually start hydrating a few days before working cattle but didn't do that this time. I was gassed. Out of juice. No Bueno. I was pounding the waters all day too...just could not keep up with the amount of water I was losing through sweating. Although I was palpating all our cattle for pregnancy, it's not like working cattle is really hard work. Finally got some pickle juice, a couple gatorades, and some food in me and I was feeling better. After we got done, it was all I could do to shower and get horizontal without cramping up. I just laid there sipping Gatorade for 3 hours trying to relax the best I could as my hands, calves, feet were trying to lock up. It sucked. Lol.

Skinny
                I here ya, not a good feeling. I took a shower, kicked back in my recliner sipping on Gatorade and watching college ball, and my left calve tried to lock up, had to find a jar of homeade pickles in the pantry so I could get it smoothed out. Feeling much better this morning.

Comment

I have to admit I have been on this site for some time now and i have never opened this thread. I am sure glad I did this morning though. This thread reminds me of all the reasons I continue to visit TBH. Will be checking this thread everyday now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                    Got to watch that water intake. You can drink all the water you want, but it won't help if you don't have some electrolytes with it. All water does is replace volume, but it also dilutes your calcium, sodium, and potassium. Without those, that's when the cramping starts, and it's hard to play catch up without an IV.

I always recommend Smartwater, or something similar (water with electrolytes in it). Stay away from the sugary drinks, like Gatorade. If that's all you have, it's better than nothing, but I usually pour out half a bottle of it and refill it with water to maintain.

Sodium follows water. That's why a dark shirt with sweat will have white rings on it when it dries. That's all your salt being excreted out.

Too much water can cause seizures and brain herniation at the worst (hyperhydrosis; RIP ConchoMan).

Stay safe out there. Cooler weather is on its way.

Comment

Ya got at have more than just water as stated above. You gotta have Electrolytes and food to fuel your body too.

Comment

Thanks guys, will definitely plan better next time.

Comment

After a total of 52 nights in the hospital this year alone, my wife is feeding tube free and feeling better than she has in a long time. Her weight is holding steady and she's driving again. Look out!

Comment

Firetx12, great news!

Comment

Wonderful news!

Comment

Originally posted by FIRETX12 View Post
                                After a total of 52 nights in the hospital this year alone, my wife is feeding tube free and feeling better than she has in a long time. Her weight is holding steady and she's driving again. Look out!
                                Great report!

Comment

Working...
                                X