No announcement yet.

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice bow Bill. Good luck with your next buck hunt.

Our roadtrip wasn't too bad, had a flat near New Waverly and ended up having to have a new tire. Looked like a shank went through the tread right where it meets the side wall.
    Spent several hours going over trucks and watching their mechanic fix the problems, they really should spend more time maintaining their fleet.
    Stopped at Chili's in Corsicana for supper and our waiter lost our order, we asked after an hour if we were gonna get to eat. The poor manager made 4 trips to our table apologizing. Finally got our food and used the table kiosk to pay for our meal, the amount wasn't right so I figured he comped us some of our meal.
    Turns out someone had swapped our table kiosk with a table across from us, another nightmare that took 10 minutes to fix. Saw our waiter talking with the manager and he finally came back and gave me a credit receipt for the incorrect charge and told us we didn't owe anything, they comped our meal. I left him a tip on the table and we left.
    Got home a little before midnight, it didn't take long to get to sleep.

Comment

Glad to be back at my desk today, road trip Tuesday and Grand Jury Wednesday were a little on the tiring side.

Catching up on paperwork and getting stuff lined back out.

Comment

Wednesday was 1 year since I got t-boned by a guy doing 40-50 and 2 feet in the air as he came off the highway with an epileptic seizure, and flew up the incline on the side of the on-ramp. Thursday I finally got the letter the ER got paid the $75k bill for my 3 hour stay before going home. The only serious side effect was a concussion, and after 15 years of not being able to blow a mallard call, I found I was able to do it!

Typed with my left hand resting on my my Grandfather's model 94 on my thighs hunting deer and pigs.

God is great!

..... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Bill...

My two year old daughter fantastically executed a flying elbow on Daddy this morning. I was painfully in awe.

God is great!...and he makes dang sharp elbows on little girls.

Comment

Been busy getting ready for this weekend, going to a horse sale in lufkin instead of dove hunting. Hate missing WWA but I'll be there in spirit none the less.

Finally got a video put together of my mom's calf catcher in action. If you raise cattle and keep records on your herd this thing is manna from heaven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
              Been busy getting ready for this weekend, going to a horse sale in lufkin instead of dove hunting. Hate missing WWA but I'll be there in spirit none the less.

Finally got a video put together of my mom's calf catcher in action. If you raise cattle and keep records on your herd this thing is manna from heaven

That is a great piece of equipment, I like it better than others I have seen.

Comment

It came out of Nebraska and is handy as a pocket on a shirt!

Comment

That's a mighty understanding momma, I think I'd like to add a little more iron around the outside myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    That's a mighty understanding momma, I think I'd like to add a little more iron around the outside myself.

Nah if that shark cage wasn't there she'd be on ya like white on rice with her girlfriend that snuck up around the front of the mule helping. Believe it or not that thing is built like a tank and high enough they don't try to jump over the top.

Comment

I like to say when I go the archery range I only score my first shot- since hunting that's the one that matters.

Today, 18 yards with my recurve. Felt good.

..... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Nice shot Bill, our day was all about laboring. Mowed some grass, moved some dirt, enjoyed the family all day, french toast breakfast and steaks for supper. It was a great day.

Comment

Loooooooong weekend for me, off Thursday till yesterday. Friday had a calf not nursing and was up till 11pm getting it some milk in her. Saturday up early to Lufkin instead of dove hunting took GF and my Mom to a horse sale. Found a nice cow horse for me so I'm horseback again . Named him Cuatro because best to my knowledge he's the fourth horse I've owned, fourth horse in the sale and our cattle brand is Bar 4

Took him for a spin yesterday, rode good but his feet need a lot of work and TLC. Seller used him to move cattle away from flood waters and for a 14 yr old horse he was over worked IMO but understand why with the flooding, especially the wanting to please attitude this guy has.

Comment

Nice coloring in him Russ.

Comment

Yep line back red dun, goes down from his withers to his butt and he's worse then a pet coon about trying to see what all is going on [emoji23]

Comment

I hate forgetting stuff, dealing with not being able to remember my bank card PIN right now. Can't believe I can't remember a number I have used pretty regular for the last 5 or so years.

Comment

Working...
                                X