Lots of pork!

Comment

Originally posted by burnadell View Post
        so the hogs weighed 200 each? :d

208 & 194!

Comment

lol

Comment

Just fell off the fence (literally) while trying to fit a piece of pipe for a shade over our squeeze chute.

Only thing broke is pride and welding helmet head harness do-hickey it was between ground and a hard place . Got it fixed now it's sweet tea break time

Comment

That's better than falling off the wagon, Russ!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                That's better than falling off the wagon, Russ!

Matter of opinion, I reckon.

Comment

Dr. visit complete, says it's bronchitis. Mom suffered from it several years, hopefully I won't follow that lead. Got a shot and some meds to get over it, shoulda went last week when it hit me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Matter of opinion, I reckon.
                    Velocity, terrain, slope all play their part

Comment

Moser...great meat haul! Thanks for sharing yalls hunt time.

Tmag...I hope you get better soon Sir. God speed.

Russ...glad youre alright. We call random bouts of clumsyness "drunk monkey"...walk it off...nothing broken...good to go.

Comment

Yea that was my main concern, I just knew I'd screwed the pooch on all the back surgery stuff done in October.

Bull got into fight with cousin's bull next door. Decided they didn't like the 30+ old fence and ripped a section out. Patch tomorrow and new fence this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                          Yea that was my main concern, I just knew I'd screwed the pooch on all the back surgery stuff done in October.

Bull got into fight with cousin's bull next door. Decided they didn't like the 30+ old fence and ripped a section out. Patch tomorrow and new fence this spring.
                          Do not; I repeat, do NOT screw the pooch....unless you fell off the wagon. Then, you might have an excuse!

Comment

Merry Christmas friends...may the good Lord bless you and your families & bring you prosperity for the New Year!!

~~~~~~~~

Thought I would share this here with the gang on the eternal instead of starting a new thread. A couple weeks ago, my dear friend John shot his best ever (and the best killed on the ranch we have been on for the past 12 years so far).

John has been fighting cancer for the past 14 years & has the most stoic approach anyone could possibly believe. The struggle of multiple procedures he has gone through is quite the long list & yet he never complains, toughs out the hunts & tries his best to not bring down anyone with his condition. Treatments are kicking his tail right now but he always makes it out to camp regardless how crappy he is feeling. He is quite the trooper & wish I was half as tough. That Saturday afternoon made my season & kinda hard to explain the emotion some of us went through for him...he has been trying so hard to get a good deer for a long time, but this ranch is so dang hard to hunt & luck has been edging out over the past decade.

John asked for my help caping out the deer the next morning & we started talking about taxi options & what he should do with the deer...he did mention that his only gripe was the time it takes to get the animal back. I stated something to the fact that not really much you can do on that account and didn't really take what he was getting at as he's not the complainer type. Well, it hit me a couple days later & realized that one year means different things to different people during certain situations.

Anyway, not knowing the taxi personally I did some soul searching & reached out to a couple of good friends who knew him quite well & did lots of business with him over the years. Both these guys were not aware of John's current condition & didn't know his cancer had even come back. They made the call & taxi promised to put him at the front of the list as soon as the tanner got the hide back. Unfortunately, that won't be speedy, but we at least got it cut way down. John was obviously very moved by the efforts.

Deer scored 164...thank you for letting me share.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Merry Christmas Peoples!

Artos...thanks for sharing and tell John congratulations...what a handsome critter.

I made Squirrell Spaghetti last night...my Meemaws chicken spaghetti recipe...just with tree rat. I deboned 1lb 13oz off 4 fox squirrels. My older brother said it was just like Meemaws...Im glad she took time to teach me.

God bless yall...and yours.

Comment

Congratulations to John on a real hoss! Kudos to you, Artos, for speeding his taxi along!

Comment

Working...
                                X