Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Veterans Day to all who served.

Comment

Happy Veterans day to all who have served, are serving or will be serving. Thank you for your service.

Comment

Good weekend. Went to centerville so wife and daughter could walk the new property and get their eyes full.

The creek running through the property (I could sit there for hours and just relax):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUrC9K855AI"]Centerville creek - YouTube[/ame]

Yesterday I replaced all the rotten wood on my utility trailer (not fun). Then got to spend several hours with my grandson, Jake Jr. He started walking this week and was cruising all over the house. He's a laugh a minute.
        Last edited by Chew; 11-11-2013, 08:58 AM.

Comment

I here. I have been on here a while and never came across this thread. Looks like a good one.

Comment

The flame is alive and well here in Kansas! 22 degrees and 13 for a low?
            The wood stove is hopping in the cabin tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
              The flame is alive and well here in Kansas! 22 degrees and 13 for a low?
              The wood stove is hopping in the cabin tonight.
              Oh man, I wish I was gonna wake up there in the morning...

Comment

Good lord this week is dragging....I'm ready to be at deer camp already, and this weather aint helpin. This is what I get for skipping a weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Good lord this week is dragging....I'm ready to be at deer camp already, and this weather aint helpin. This is what I get for skipping a weekend...

Hey Dale, Dale,Dale

Guess what day it is!

Comment

Last night when I picked up my daughter after school she was complaining how she had to memorize Sheakespeare's sonnet 30 for her theater class. There are 14 lines. I told her all she had to do was focus on the first one and build from there. She was real deffeated about it but with a little positive reinforcement and some gas, we drove around the lake / neighborhood and this happened...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6EkGOG6jrI"]Blaine does Shakespeare - YouTube[/ame]

When to the sessions of sweet silent thought
                    I summon up remembrance of things past,
                    I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought,
                    And with old woes new wail my dear time's waste:
                    Then can I drown an eye, unused to flow,
                    For precious friends hid in death's dateless night,
                    And weep afresh love's long since cancell'd woe,
                    And moan the expense of many a vanish'd sight:
                    Then can I grieve at grievances foregone,
                    And heavily from woe to woe tell o'er
                    The sad account of fore-bemoaned moan,
                    Which I new pay as if not paid before.
                    But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
                    All losses are restored and sorrows end.

Being a dad is the best. I know there are rough spots ahead but watching them grow and learn is such a blast.

Comment

Good stuff Steven, although I think Shakespeare may be my wife's department. Lol

As long as we're bragging on kids, I Havnt beat y'all down with pics in a while.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384374025.502060.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	24264192

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384374070.142005.jpg
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	24264193

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384374089.720418.jpg
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	24264194

We fixed the "flower pace" last night to surprise mom. He loves to help fix stuff.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384374149.938986.jpg
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	24264195

I have no idea what I ever did without him.
                      Last edited by Dale Moser; 11-13-2013, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I have no idea what I ever did without him.
                        ^^^^This!! Isn't being a dad a trip? Tomorrow The Boy and I leave for our first deer hunt together. Boys only. No mommies allowed! Pray for us, y'all. Or maybe y'all should pray for Coleman Co.

Comment

Weekend is looking pretty good bump!

going to see Karl at Ultramatic tomorrow morning about a fire pit (and to drop of some High temp black paint he ordered). not going to let the next cold snap keep me from sitting my behind around an outdoor fire!

Comment

Headed to the Trinity River Refuge with my son, son-in-law, and nephew for some smoke pole hunting. My guide(EastTexasbowbender/nephew) has already found us some great spots to hunt. Hoping to get my son-in-law on his first deer.

Y'all have fun out there today, and be careful.

Comment

Long day with very few participants. Nephew got a hog this evening and I almost stepped on a moccasin, stepped back and let him leave.

Comment

Got out early for pigs and turkeys and saw zero of either. Cooking a cheese fondue tonight, my specialty for our anniversary dinner- which is actually tomorrow. 34 great years together so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X