Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Badgers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch out for honey badgers

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
      What the hell did I just watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I think it had a LOT to do with those mushrooms.....I'm still confused. LOL

Comment

I know when I do shrooms I will do that with a cat but not a badger

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
          What the hell did I just watch

Its the same shrooms you had when you posted your avatar. I still get vertigo every time I see sideways Dushon

Comment

In 18 years on a lease near Ballenger, I saw a bunch of badger holes. In all that time I saw one badger and he was scooting to his hole at just about too dark to see him. If I hadn't already seen several badgers in Wyoming, I wouldn't have been sure of what it was. They must be highly nocturnal.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigpiggy View Post
              Not exactly sure myself

The real question is why did I watch past twenty seconds waiting for something else to happen?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                We had a hired hand that came up on one while plowing. He took his belt off and killed it with his buckle.

Prairie Ninja style

Comment

If he turns to chase you, the first thirty yards is key. They can haul *** short distances. Trying to catch one is a rodeo I would buy a ticket too. You might need more then stitches.

Comment

I've chased them and kicked them in the butt so they'd turn around and I could shoot them in the head with a .22 several times. I ran out of bullets once because I was chasing one and shooting while running. I hit him a few times and tried to stomp his head in the dirt to kill it. He just got mad so I went and got a jack handle. They're not real hard to kill if it comes down to that.

They're not very agile compared to a raccoon or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by gitusum View Post
                      https://youtu.be/vtXCBEF5kE8
                      Guess it can be done..

That’s the same guy that popped the head off the rattler on video

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        In 18 years on a lease near Ballenger, I saw a bunch of badger holes. In all that time I saw one badger and he was scooting to his hole at just about too dark to see him. If I hadn't already seen several badgers in Wyoming, I wouldn't have been sure of what it was. They must be highly nocturnal.
                        I see them in the middle of the day every so often. Mostly early in the morning and in the evening and at night. If it snows a bunch and you know where one is go out when it's really sunny that's a good time to catch them out. I've seen those little fatasses balled up sleeping on the edge of their den getting some sun before. But for the most part they do a lot of their running around at night I think. But they'll come out during the day quite a bit too...

Comment

Originally posted by bulltx50 View Post
                          If he turns to chase you, the first thirty yards is key. They can haul *** short distances. Trying to catch one is a rodeo I would buy a ticket too. You might need more then stitches.
                          Knew a guy that deliberately ticked one off. He chased it and then started throwing rocks. It turned and came at him fast. The guy ran towards a corn field. He kept running until he turned around and saw that the badger had quit chasing and was walking back in the opposite direction. Being the persistent agitator that he was known for, he grabbed a bunch more rocks and started lobbing them at the badger once again. This time the badger chased him a much longer distance and didn’t quit upon reaching the corn field. The guy said that he was so out of breath and stopped in part of the corn field to rest. He could see corn stalks still being bumped by the badger as it continued pursuing him. It never did catch him though. Said that was the last time he tried pestering a badger like that.

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                            Prairie Ninja style

Ha!

Comment

That’s a bold move cotton. Let’s see if it works out for you

Better bring a sack lunch is all I know to tell you
                              Last edited by Smithwr; 10-27-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Use to see them all the time when I was a kid! Haven't seen one in the last couple of years.
                                Would love to have one's hide tanned!

Comment

Working...
                                X