No announcement yet.

Waited all year for this.!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think people are overreacting. No doubt that is wrong and screws you up but it's probably just a case of ignorance.

According to everyone here and most people all pigs should be eradicated immediately so this landowner and trapper probably thought they were doing you a favor. The owner probably had no idea where this ignorant trapper was going to put his trap. And the trapper figured he was going to get rid of all those hogs that everyone wants to spend millions to poison anyway. Just call the trapper and landowner and tell them that this location of the setup is messing up his hunt.
    Last edited by Hunting4fun; 10-03-2018, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
      Talk to him Saturday when he came to check traps. He basically said he will move it Monday if the owner tells him to.
      Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
      Have you asked the LO for the trapper's number? If he's coming out there checking on a predictable schedule, maybe you could meet him out there and ask him to move it? Sorry if I missed this above if you've already gone that route.

If he says he wont move it I would sit there and wait for him to come check it. Then when he arrives I would open the trap and let his pigs go right in front of him. See how he likes you messing with his trapping.
      Read post above your's.

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      I would not have been happy with that answer!
      Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
      That is total BS and the responses you have got so far from the land owner and trapper would have me past my boiling point.

Yep! Someone needs an arse whupping by someone!

Comment

Landowner probably told trapper to set up anywhere. I've had landowners tell me this. Trapper probably isn't a respectable hunter and is being a parasite on your feeder. As mentioned in posts above (in not so many words), if your getting off the lease, take the meat you can get and don't worry about management. I'll bet it can be worked out though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Both LO and trapper are not new to hunting. I can see the LO not wanting any pigs on place. The trapper is selling the hogs so he just doesn't care. It is how inconsiderate the LO is that chaps me. Going to try to salvage the rest of the season and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
            Tie it to your truck, drag it off and let him find. Thats guy is a idiot.
            My thoughts exactly

Comment

If he doesn’t move it get another pig trap and back it up right against his trap door so his can’t catch anything and yours can

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                Both LO and trapper are not new to hunting. I can see the LO not wanting any pigs on place. The trapper is selling the hogs so he just doesn't care. It is how inconsiderate the LO is that chaps me. Going to try to salvage the rest of the season and see what happens.
                So you talked to the LO and he was OK with the trap being there?

Comment

Originally posted by quackaholic1 View Post
                  If he doesn’t move it get another pig trap and back it up right against his trap door so his can’t catch anything and yours can

Comment

The lo should have told the trapper not to put the traps near your stands and when the lo found out he should have had the trapper immediately move the trap. If you elect to stay on the lease need to get something in writing up front about not trapping pigs from sept 1 to the end of the season. This is just wrong.

Comment

Makes you wonder if he’s ignorant to how hunting works or just doesn’t give a durn.

Comment

P*** in his traps!

Comment

Working...
                        X