Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Healthy eating SHOULDN'T be this delicious!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
    It took me 49 years to try the asparagus. I don't think I have enough life for the okra.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Stewed Okra is great. Cook up some bacon and onions, then add stewed diced tomatoes and okra. Let it simmer for 20 minutes and add whatever seasoning you want.

Comment

Jeez Louise, guy posts a pic of his meal and people are telling him how he is doing it all wrong. There are many ways to cut lbs and/or maintain weight. One size dont fit all. Ive done the low fat thing, low carb thing, eating six small meals a day thing, and the fasting thing. They all work. The key is getting all of the processed crap out of your diet, eat real food and stay active. That meal looked delicious and is indeed healthy.

Comment

I don't really do the macros, I just keep the carbs to a minimum and no sugar.
        No breakfast, small lunch , usually leftover dinner, and a good dinner.
        It's worked for me so far. Down from 197 to 171.
        I just can't get into weighing my food and counting cals.and macros.

That is absolutely one of the worst things you can do, if you want to be healthy. I know we have all heard it, but breakfast is truly the most important meal of the day. If you were to add breakfast to your diet and tone down on the dinner portion, you would see much greater and HEALTHIER weight loss than you do by skipping breakfast and eating a lot of calories for dinner. If you truly want to become healthy, rather than just losing weight, breakfast cannot be skipped. People can lose a whole lot of weight and still be unhealthy. You are doing it backwards by not eating breakfast, small lunch, and good dinner. If you were to flip it, you would see much better results. "Eat like a king at breakfast, a queen at lunch, and a peasant at dinner." Also, you should have a healthy snack (fruit, protein shake if you are working out, yogurt, veggies, turkey, protein, etc) between each meal. Eating more times per day, yet in smaller portions, gives your stomach the feeling of being full, thus reducing the amount of total calories that you intake on any given day. Eating 6-7 smaller portions per day actually increases your metabolism as well, as your body is continually forced to break down the food that you have eaten. So, while you are eating more times per day, you are eating smaller portions and eating a total of less food per day than you would if you were eating 3 "healthy" meals per day. But man, I cannot believe that you skip breakfast. Not only for your physical health, but for your mental health as well. Even if you eat something that is not the best for your body or has some sugar or carbs in it, it is better than eating nothing at all. I would bet that the picture of your "healthy" dinner had at least 1200-1400 calories in it. That is not good to eat that much and head to bed. Also, what time did you eat that. Personally, I would not eat after 7:30 pm or 8 pm at the latest. I am a football coach and that is hard for me to do with my schedule, but I try to eat as early as possible.

You probably were not asking for opinions or advice and if my post offended you, I apologize. I thought that you might want to know that what you think is healthy and your plan is actually not the best way to go about losing HEALTHY weight.
        Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 09-12-2018, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          Jeez Louise, guy posts a pic of his meal and people are telling him how he is doing it all wrong. There are many ways to cut lbs and/or maintain weight. One size dont fit all. Ive done the low fat thing, low carb thing, eating six small meals a day thing, and the fasting thing. They all work. The key is getting all of the processed crap out of your diet, eat real food and stay active. That meal looked delicious and is indeed healthy.
          No, that is not what he posted. He posted "Healthy eating shouldn't be this delicious"! People were just mentioning to him that what he thinks is healthy is not really that healthy at all.

Comment

I recently heard ketosis may be the cause of spontaneous human combustion. Yes.....I'm serious.....

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
              That is absolutely one of the worst things you can do, if you want to be healthy. I know we have all heard it, but breakfast is truly the most important meal of the day. If you were to add breakfast to your diet and tone down on the dinner portion, you would see much greater and HEALTHIER weight loss than you do by skipping breakfast and eating a lot of calories for dinner. If you truly want to become healthy, rather than just losing weight, breakfast cannot be skipped. People can lose a whole lot of weight and still be unhealthy. "Eat like a king at breakfast, a queen at lunch, and a peasant at dinner." Also, you should have a healthy snack (fruit, protein shake if you are working out, yogurt, veggies, turkey, protein, etc) between each meal. Eating more times per day, yet in smaller portions, gives your stomach the feeling of being full, thus reducing the amount of total calories that you intake on any given day. Eating 6-7 smaller portions per day actually increases your metabolism as well, as your body is continually forced to break down the food that you have eaten. So, while you are eating more times per day, you are eating smaller portions and eating a total of less food per day than you would if you were eating 3 "healthy" meals per day. But man, I cannot believe that you skip breakfast. Not only for your physical health, but for your mental health as well. Even if you eat something that is not the best for your body or has some sugar or carbs in it, it is better than eating nothing at all. I would bet that the picture of your "healthy" dinner had at least 1200-1400 calories in it. That is not good to eat that much and head to bed. Also, what time did you eat that. Personally, I would not eat after 7:30 pm or 8 pm at the latest. I am a football coach and that is hard for me to do with my schedule, but I try to eat as early as possible.

You probably were not asking for opinions or advice and if my post offended you, I apologize. I thought that you might want to know that what you think is healthy and your plan is actually not the best way to go about losing HEALTHY weight.
              If it's the most important meal of the day answer me this.
              Why is it if I don't eat breakfast then I'm either starving before lunch or my blood sugar has dropped and I've had to have a coke or candy bar to stop the shakes?
              Once again that was not my typical meal. I hadn't had breakfast or lunch that day and want a GOOD meal.
              General it's a pork chop, chicken breast with spinach and green beans. Or I'll have bacon and eggs for dinner.
              Lunch is either left over or tuna fish salad no bread,
              We didn't spend the first part of our existence on this planet eat 3 square meals a day with the 4 so called food groups.
              They hunted , killed and ate until it was gone and them they may not have eaten again for awhile.
              So why would we think our bodies would have adapted to 3 squares a day with all the sugar and grains of today's work just in the last few hundred yrs?

Comment

Carbs is what gets you.

Incorrect. Carbs is a fad. We didn't even know what that was 20 years ago. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  Incorrect. Carbs is a fad. We didn't even know what that was 20 years ago. LOL.
                  Wrong . We've known about cards a lot longer than that.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    It's a conversation man, that's all.

I agree on the man made food. Have you ever seen an overweight wild animal? No.

Humans and pets, yes.

We are made to eat meat, veggies, fruits, etc. Not butter and cookies and stuff.

Comment

Wrong . We've known about cards a lot longer than that.

I have lost 30 lbs a couple of times eating all kinds of bread and tortilla and drinking. LOL. 20-30 grams of fat per day and I lose weight. One time I had to cut back on the diet and eat some pizza. LOL.

Ever heard of the Subway dude? LOL. Wait.....

Soooo what does all that fat do for cholesterol levels?????? Can't be good.
                      Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 09-12-2018, 12:28 PM.

Comment

That is absolutely one of the worst things you can do, if you want to be healthy. I know we have all heard it, but breakfast is truly the most important meal of the day. If you were to add breakfast to your diet and tone down on the dinner portion, you would see much greater and HEALTHIER weight loss than you do by skipping breakfast and eating a lot of calories for dinner. If you truly want to become healthy, rather than just losing weight, breakfast cannot be skipped. People can lose a whole lot of weight and still be unhealthy. You are doing it backwards by not eating breakfast, small lunch, and good dinner. If you were to flip it, you would see much better results. "Eat like a king at breakfast, a queen at lunch, and a peasant at dinner." Also, you should have a healthy snack (fruit, protein shake if you are working out, yogurt, veggies, turkey, protein, etc) between each meal. Eating more times per day, yet in smaller portions, gives your stomach the feeling of being full, thus reducing the amount of total calories that you intake on any given day. Eating 6-7 smaller portions per day actually increases your metabolism as well, as your body is continually forced to break down the food that you have eaten. So, while you are eating more times per day, you are eating smaller portions and eating a total of less food per day than you would if you were eating 3 "healthy" meals per day. But man, I cannot believe that you skip breakfast. Not only for your physical health, but for your mental health as well. Even if you eat something that is not the best for your body or has some sugar or carbs in it, it is better than eating nothing at all. I would bet that the picture of your "healthy" dinner had at least 1200-1400 calories in it. That is not good to eat that much and head to bed. Also, what time did you eat that. Personally, I would not eat after 7:30 pm or 8 pm at the latest. I am a football coach and that is hard for me to do with my schedule, but I try to eat as early as possible.

Yes! Starving yourself or eating alot less will naturally make you not gain weight lol.

But I also like to eat and have stayed the same weight since my playing days many moons ago by this old school method.

Along the way, people will spend money for new methods and advice on the perfect method. And people pay it

No, that is not what he posted. He posted "Healthy eating shouldn't be this delicious"! People were just mentioning to him that what he thinks is healthy is not really that healthy at all.
                        Exactly.

Comment

I have lost 30 lbs a couple of times eating all kinds of bread and tortilla and drinking. LOL. 20-30 grams of fat per day and I lose weight. One time I had to cut back on the diet and eat some pizza. LOL.

He lost that weight chasing young kids around

Comment

Says who?

Comment

Soooo what does all that fat do for cholesterol levels?????? Can't be good.
                              I know so many people that were doing the low fat diet in the early to mid 90s and they all lost a lot of weight. A very high percentage of them also ended up having their gall bladders removed. This was the first "diet" I ever did. I cant remember exactly how much weight I lost but it was north of 20lbs.

The whole high cholesterol thing is a farce. Continued inflammation in body is what causes plaque to build up in arteries. Big Pharma and the govt is who came up with the cholesterol is bad for you so you should stop eating natural foods like eggs, butter and bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                                He lost that weight chasing young kids around
                                Now that is funny.....wrong, but funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X