Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Healthy eating SHOULDN'T be this delicious!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
    Your steak just has one side.............

Sometimes my only side with steak is another steak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
      macro breakdown of meal?

??

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
        macro breakdown of meal?
        I don't really do the macros, I just keep the carbs to a minimum and no sugar.
        No breakfast, small lunch , usually leftover dinner, and a good dinner.
        It's worked for me so far. Down from 197 to 171.
        I just can't get into weighing my food and counting cals.and macros.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good

Comment

This is not criticism; just some future advice. While doing paleo or keto you will hit a huge wall at some point in your weight loss taking in that much fat, good or not. The calories in that meal is off the charts. Splurge once in a while but I would recommend eating 6 to 8 oz of just the filet off that steak or top sirloin. Good luck on your journey and congrats on the weight loss so far.

Comment

Is that a Realtree dinner plate?

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                This is not criticism; just some future advice. While doing paleo or keto you will hit a huge wall at some point in your weight loss taking in that much fat, good or not. The calories in that meal is off the charts. Splurge once in a while but I would recommend eating 6 to 8 oz of just the filet off that steak or top sirloin. Good luck on your journey and congrats on the weight loss so far.
                We rained out yesterday so I didn't have lunch so basically I had a 24hr fast.
                I've got maybe 5lbs to lose then I'm going to hit the weights.
                When I pick my pup up from Duckdogtrainer tomorrow her and I will start walking/ running in the evening.
                I'm fairly active in my job 10-12 hrs 6-7days a week.
                But I generally don't eat that much every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                  Yes it is

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                    no sir that would be a "mossy oak" dinner plate

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                      no sir that would be a "mossy oak" dinner plate
                      My bad. I'm really only familiar with ASAT, but I don't think they are big players in the dinnerware game.

Comment

It looks good but I wouldn't exactly call it healthy LOL

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                          It looks good but I wouldn't exactly call it healthy LOL
                          Being pus-gutted ain't heathy either

Comment

For those confused about whether this is healthy or not, my husband and I have been following a similar way of eating, and along with the weight loss, our blood work has never looked better. My starting cholesterol was 231, to the tune of my doctor wanting to start me on meds. Currently 116, well within optimal range. HDL was at 68, currently at 50. LDL at 110, triglycerides were at 253, currently at 80. Glucose was 109, pre-diabetic, and now at 82.

The only thing we’ve done differently up to this point was change what we eat. No sugars, minimal processed foods, and only small amounts of healthy starches. We weren’t eating horribly before, or at least not by traditional standards. By cutting some things out and increasing others, we are healthier, look ‘better’, and have so much more energy. It hasn’t always been easy, and we aren’t as strict as we could be, but it works for us and our lifestyle. We’ve recently started exercising regularly, and there is a huge difference in energy. I’ll be the first to admit that up until a few months ago, just going about daily chores was difficult. Now, I look forward to getting out and being physically active. We aren’t strictly keto, or paleo, but have a modified approach to both that works for both of us. My husband can handle more fat in his diet than I can, but I have thyroid problems, which make my needs somewhat different than his.

The traditional concept of eating starchy foods and grains and smaller amounts of meat has been ingrained in our nutritional upbringing for so long, it can be hard to grasp the benefits of doing things differently.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                              For those confused about whether this is healthy or not, my husband and I have been following a similar way of eating, and along with the weight loss, our blood work has never looked better. My starting cholesterol was 231, to the tune of my doctor wanting to start me on meds. Currently 116, well within optimal range. HDL was at 68, currently at 50. LDL at 110, triglycerides were at 253, currently at 80. Glucose was 109, pre-diabetic, and now at 82.

The only thing we’ve done differently up to this point was change what we eat. No sugars, minimal processed foods, and only small amounts of healthy starches. We weren’t eating horribly before, or at least not by traditional standards. By cutting some things out and increasing others, we are healthier, look ‘better’, and have so much more energy. It hasn’t always been easy, and we aren’t as strict as we could be, but it works for us and our lifestyle. We’ve recently started exercising regularly, and there is a huge difference in energy. I’ll be the first to admit that up until a few months ago, just going about daily chores was difficult. Now, I look forward to getting out and being physically active. We aren’t strictly keto, or paleo, but have a modified approach to both that works for both of us. My husband can handle more fat in his diet than I can, but I have thyroid problems, which make my needs somewhat different than his.

The traditional concept of eating starchy foods and grains and smaller amounts of meat has been ingrained in our nutritional upbringing for so long, it can be hard to grasp the benefits of doing things differently.
                              Yep we changed what and how we ate as a society and we became fat , sick and unhealthy as a society.
                              So they Drs got that one wrong, some on purpose.
                              I've lost 26lbs and I haven't exercised a day yet.
                              Our bodies weren't meant to run on carbs and sugar.

Comment

Looks real good. Gonna have to go get some steaks and asparagus and fire up the grill

Comment

Working...
                                X