Best device for checking camera cards in the field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sika View Post
    But what if you move cam 1 to stand 6? Then you have to rename the cam and the card
    It's a lot to keep up with.
    Nope, just have a game cam for each stand location!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      Nope, just have a game cam for each stand location!
      And every water hole, food plot and scrape
      Gotta keep some extras on standby too because there's always something wrong with one of them.

Comment

I just swap cards at the camera first. I keep an older digital camera that I high speed flip through pics and use protect mode to keep anything that looks somewhat interesting. I do this flipping on site in case any adjustments need to be made. Then "clear all" clears everything but the protected pics. Then I have a greatly reduced number of pics to scroll through on laptop for close study. I have used this method for 200,000+ pics per hunting season for the last 10+ years.

Comment

Just get a iPhone card reader are android card reader save all the ones you want on your phone transfer them onto your computer off of your phone when you get home Erase the card when you get done loading the one you like onto your phone put back into camera your done !!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            Microsoft Surface.
            This is what I’ve found works best

Comment

I like my Bone View it works great

Comment

Originally posted by JGadbury View Post
                I bought a reader made by stealth cam. It plugs into your phone via the charging port and the sd card fits inside. You can view the pictures from your phone and then save them directly to your phone.
                Thats what I do. Very pleased with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  Swap the cards with clean ones, go back to camp and drink some beer while viewing on the laptop. You had it right to start with!
                  To me this is the easiest thing to do. If it is during the deer season then I will take my smaller laptop with me to look at pics while I am in the stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
                    Thats what I do. Very pleased with it.
                    Can you post a link to the exact stealthcam reader your use? There are several. I need one for iPad.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                      Can you post a link to the exact stealthcam reader your use? There are several. I need one for iPad.
                      I just use my iPhone. Dont know if its compatible with the iPad. I found mine at Walmart for about $19, but if you dont mind the wait, this one is cheaper. The reviews arent good on eBay, but I have had really good luck with it.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Stealth Cam SD Card Reader for IOS Devices Stc-ioscrw at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!
                      Last edited by Bucksaw; 09-04-2018, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stingerslinger View Post
                        Not to mention getting et up by skeeters, in the bottoms I hunt.
                        Yes! Plus you would be loitering in the deer rich hotspot looking at the peekturs when Brutus shows up and you are busted!

Comment

Originally posted by JGadbury View Post
                          I bought a reader made by stealth cam. It plugs into your phone via the charging port and the sd card fits inside. You can view the pictures from your phone and then save them directly to your phone.
                          ^this. Cheap and easy

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            I carry a hard sided SD Card carrying case. It holds 12 SD cards. Got it on Amazon for like $12. I can hold 6 cameras worth of cards in it (2 cards per camera.) Each side of the case is 2 columns by 3 rows. I have a system. All the blank cards are on the left. I pull the card, put in on the right hand column and place the new one in the camera. If I want to look at the pictures, I will either use my phone or my android tablet with the ES Filesystem viewer that lets me scroll through the pictures or look at thumbnails.

When I get back home, I'll upload each SD card's pictures into their own folder and place it back into the left hand position for the next time out.

Having 2 cards for every camera is just too cheap these days to not do it... and it is a big time saver in the field. I used to have to sit in the truck and download them, reformat, etc, etc... now I just walk up to the camera with my case in my pocket, swap cards and am out of there quickly.
                            Bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                              But what if you move cam 1 to stand 6? Then you have to rename the cam and the card
                              It's a lot to keep up with.
                              I have 4 cameras...1-4, 2 cards for each camera, cards are labeled 1-4. Regardless where you put the camera, just use the 2 cards for each assigned camera. Very easy, quick, takes 4 seconds to swap card and Im outta there, minimal pressure and disturbance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
                                I just use my iPhone. Dont know if its compatible with the iPad. I found mine at Walmart for about $19, but if you dont mind the wait, this one is cheaper. The reviews arent good on eBay, but I have had really good luck with it.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Stealth-Cam-S...6112268&chn=ps
                                Ordered one. Found it for $15, not to much try it out. Just hope I don’t have to import ALL pics before viewing like I had to on old iPad.

Comment

Working...
                                X